The Witcher 3 Official Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by sAAdC, Jan 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Yeah, I'm afraid that the last bastion for technical/true next gen games will be exclusive titles on consoles(Uncharted 4 , last of us 2 maybe?), and maybe...just maybe Rockstar will bring Read Dead Redemption 2 on PC.

2. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
  3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Three years in development, so much passion behind, it will probably be a great game i hate to being remembered like this.

Imagine your bought Titan X to play this ps4 version, dont you feel silly? :D

4. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    I guess the delay was for the console downgrade.

Would be great if the game actually pushed the PC hardware.

5. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Agreed with mr Yellow, 100%. These kinda things make me sad. Hopefully it does push our hardware, but I doubt so.

6. berkos

berkos Guest

GPU:
    r9 270x, 980
    CDPR got so much love for being forward, honest and fair to their customers, it was great PR. With this massive cockup i can see why people get angry.
    Having said that, anyone who believes in bullshots and footage from e3 press demos and buys something based on that should slap themselves. You had almost 20 years to learn a lesson in gaming company modus operandi marketing ploys. I can't approve of these methods but if it works, if it gets hype, if it gets any news of any kind it will benefit sales because "gamers" are not smart consumers, so i can understand why gaming companies are doing this.

I also remember w1 had horrible fedex quests in the first act, click click combat, really cringe inducing dialogue and voice acting, and clunky UI, most of this was fixed in later patches and massively improved with w2 which also had it's share of problems, especially in non existent last act, but it was ok because CDPR was the underdog.

And comparing cdpr to ubi and rockstar is just wrong. ubi releases unfinished messy turd, calls it a day and announces new turd in less than a year, rockstar since gta3 releases games at least 1 year on pcs later than consoles, with bugs and horrible optimization problems, from which thank god gta 5 was spared.

7. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    latest gameplay vid shows really how flat the surfaces are in this game, rocks etc, no ground Pom, surfaces look flat.am i right? maybe the console versions are like that...

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    yeah, so the obvious #inyourfacedowngrade is just a rumor. Right... Nothing to see here then.

9. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh wells. Though I do kinda like the lighting in 2015.

So much stuff from 2013 got deleted though. All those people around the market gone.

10. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Day and night difference.

11. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    Here's another one though just mentioning its a bit of a spoiler, its basically an image comparing Geralt and two other women on a boat from the E3 trailer with a screenshot taken today of the same scene.

[​IMG]

Damn it lighting.

12. lowrider_05

lowrider_05 Active Member

GPU:
    AMD RX 6900 XTXH LC
    dont do that kind of comparison it makes me want the 2013 version and i would even be glad to have the 2014 one but to realise its the 2015 one you´re gona get is just sad.

13. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    consoles are holding us back too much, and games are being developped with consoles in mind, they don't care about pc, this has been the plague since last gen, i'm not gonna head into this discussion we probably got bored of it.only few games show their true quality on pc.

14. RecluSe

RecluSe Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC/ACX 2.0
    I was kinda hoping that the 2014 version will end up being the PC version on ultra with the 2015 pic being ps4. Not too much to ask, right? :|

15. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    u can see the difference in the shader on the buildings in the distance,the details on buildings etc. so much difference yes.

16. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    btw nice avatar cant wait for Terminator genisys...

17. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    Reminds me of that whole Alan wake Fiasco presentation, "you will need a duel core CPU" so you buy the hardware and they don't produce the goods , it was like it then and it's going to be like that forever, we're doomed all doomed and thrice doomed.

18. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Holy **** they downgraded the downgrade!

Ubisoft would be proud of this downgrade inception.

19. RecluSe

RecluSe Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC/ACX 2.0
    Heh, can't tell if you're being serious or sarcastic.

20. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    While there is a huge amount difference, it's still not anything that couldn't be added back in, or even anything that both consoles should be more than able to do, which is confusing.

I hate the change in art style more than anything tech wise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.