Performance Patch for Dying Light

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Sunset, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 3070 TE OC
    i posted photos for performance patch, the patch is online and works, if you want, you can download patch and try it, for DOF open another thread, on my thread show my photos but i will not share my other setting of sweetfx, sunflare, glow, saturation color,post process.... for DOF setting are listed on precedent post. and for me works.

2. REQUIEM8

REQUIEM8 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 580 1.5go
    This guy is a joke right ?

3. player

player Guest

GPU:
    dv6
    this is useless...get the fk out lol

4. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 3070 TE OC
    that's life guy... i created a mod for performance and you can download it. stop please and talk about performance patch

5. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 3070 TE OC
    always and only after you ;)

6. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    Ok stop writing BS ALL. No need to be like this. Jesus.

@ Sunset
    It's good that you share a performance patch. Though it's wise to demonstrate ONLY what you will share (WIP or not) and nothing more. Giving to forum members teasers for let'say a dof mod you have to expect this kind of feedback. You don't like it then don't post anything that you don't want or won't be able to support it. I mean you've posted a performance patch BUT demonstrated with a SweetFX preset + DOF tweaks.What did you expect?? Feedback only for the patch ? Then make demo screens and video JUST for this patch on pure game..
    If this makes sense to you then you are fine, if not then "change your route" lad.

@ ALL others ESPECIALLY FORUM NEWBIES

"play" nice with respect for any community member. Don't bite the bait of rudeness or irony or sarcasm or whatever-against-common-public-forum-rules, if you don't like then the best thing to do is move on. This is always the best way to pass the message " I don't like your stuff or threads or your attitude here" .

--------------------------

About DOF, a bit nice for some static screenies , N O T for regular gameplay,it sucks IMO. Especially with ingame DOF enabled it's true that other effects are gone or almost gone.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  7. nekrik

nekrik Guest

GPU:
    gtx 1080ti Msi gaming X
    @CK the Greek
    Sorry mate wrong file :) Re uploaded it!!! Check it out hope you like it!

8. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    Yeap,they are better comparing with Sunset's ones. However after playing a while I would like to be able to use them WITH ingame's DOF enabled (I mean without losing sunglare texture+godrays when enabled).It provides some nice visual too combined all together.

I won't fill this thread anymore with screens about DOF, only links:

Comparison with ingame's DOF enabled/disabled using these values for testing:
    VarFloat("f_dof_near", 0.05)
    VarFloat("f_dof_near_min", 10.0)
    VarFloat("f_dof_near_max", 15.0)
    VarFloat("f_dof_far_min", 20.0)
    VarFloat("f_dof_far_max", 30.0)
    VarFloat("f_dof_far", 0.15)

Enabled
    disabled
    enabled
    disabled
    enabled
    disabled

You can see that with ingame's DOF it's better, however I don't like to lose sun's fx..

9. REQUIEM8

REQUIEM8 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 580 1.5go
    Yeah thanks for you patch dude that's very cool but to me you seem selfish reacting this way and especially in relation to modding of the game, I mean u discovered something and "no no no, I dont share with you guys cuz it's "top secret"; cmon this is the basis to share things. Anyway, I dont care; lets back to the thread :rolleyes:

@CK the Greek I tried with the in-game DOF, the Nvidia DOF and wow I loose 10 fps at least.

10. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz

ummm, i think i and TomYum posted before that u can do have both :)

just DISABLE Nvidia DOF INGAME and then use the modded settings from the varlist_dof.scr...i changed my numbers for the DOF so it looks better now..

and u have both, godrays, sunrays and DOF all together..

here are some screens:

First pic is With NVidia DOF ENABLED ingame:
    [​IMG]

NVidia DOF DISABLED:
    [​IMG]

as u can see, we have DOF with Effects.

now, u just have to adjust the varlist_dof.scr settings a bit so it comes closer to the NV Dof.. as u see teh NVDof is heavyer...

my settings atm are:
    Moar Screens:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

maybe not perfect but i like it atm, its for screenshotting...

greetz and i hope that helped ;)

11. Nuk1e

Nuk1e Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX980Ti Strix
    So I thought I would give this a try extracted files edited the file I personally don't like dof but hey a little bit is nice when you are looking around so I wanted to make a subtle dof but eh... it breaks my game must be doing something wrong oh well.

Anyways nice screenshots tho edited dof is so much more subtle and so much nicer to look at thumbs up.

12. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    Thanks BETA,though it TOTALLY sucks for gameplaying. Can't argue that it's for screenies only.

13. nekrik

nekrik Guest

GPU:
    gtx 1080ti Msi gaming X
    @Beta and @Tom Yum 72 I cannot reproduce your lighting effects downgrade when using NvDOF ingame + varilist_dof.scr tweak. I made extensive testing and for me all the effects (Lightshafts, Bloom, lensflares, sunflares and dirt lens) are present with both the ingame DOF + varilist_dof.scr enabled and disabled. The only difference i see when i disable ingame DOF is increased fps and much uglier gaussian :puke2: (not Bokeh) DOF with very limited sampling.

14. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 3070 TE OC
    This thread should be called "Dying light Dynamic DOF" because you are all focused only on dynamic DOF :D

15. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    Lol, you started :giggle2:

Check my comparison screenshots. How is this possible..:3eyes: ( I mean check them to see that I too lose all sun effects, I agree that with ingame's DOF enabled the results are visually better)

Last edited: Feb 11, 2015

16. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 3070 TE OC
    i don't think....

17. REQUIEM8

REQUIEM8 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 580 1.5go
  18. Guru01

Guru01 Master Guru

GPU:
    nVIDIA RTX 2080
    The 1.2.1 version patch made the game more laggy and stuttered alot for me, so i just uninstalled and reinstalled the 1.2.0 version. I even noticed lag while moving the cursor in the game menu, FOV @52, Distance View is 0, and everything else maxed on a r9 290. Still having lag and stutter, but not as much as i was with the newer patch that i had to uninstall.

19. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 3070 TE OC
    i posted a screenshots for demonstrate that the patch don't impact graphics quality... and Nekrik asked me how i have had, dynamic dof...

20. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    Bottom line,
    with all due respect you took the "bait" mister Sunset, as I've said, don't tease us if you won't provide to us (no offence, again).