HBAO+ Compatibility Flags Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by MrBonk, Mar 3, 2014.

1. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Yeah.

Links work, but it's a decent starting ground I suppose. I wont' add it to the list. But someone can work from there.

2. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    Of course he just renamed the links because of the 10 post limit..sorry about the rant then :)

But I still think it is important to be precise and thorough, when doing "reports" on HBAO+ profiles.
    Simply stating that everything "works" is almost useless.
    Just because all of these flags apply an AO effect in AC4, it doesn't necessarily mean that any of them work without one issue or the other in all scenes in the game (indoors/outdoors etc.).
    My point is, that IMO it is up to the original poster of the HBAO+ flag to test all of this BEFORE posting, not just leave it up to other people to finish their incomplete work ;)

3. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    MrBonk, could you please replace the Dead Space 2 HBAO+ flag "0x00000002" with "0x00000016" and "0x00000026" (stronger), and use the post below as a reference for both DS and DS2?
    http://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=10168620&postcount=5702

CrimsoN from the 3DCenter forums also found a HBAO+ flag "0x00000013" for DayZ:
    http://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=10168724&postcount=5703
    He accidentally linked to the same image twice, but the thumbnails clearly show, that "0x00000013" is working in DayZ.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
  4. Cure_We_us

Cure_We_us Guest

GPU:
    16GB
    A bit offtopic: Let say Fallout 3 AO compatibility bit works for X game but it has minor issues, such as AO being turned on/off at different angles, would I have to play with the bit value editor for Fallout 3 AO compatibility bit to eliminate such an issue?

5. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    You can't even post them as text maybe using a code box? Or even get rid of the http://, since modern day browsers correct that anyway? That's dumb if you can't even do that.

6. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    Essentially, yes.
    What I usually do initially is to see, if some combination of the "basic" AO bits results in an increase in GPU usage and VRAM usage, i.e. 0x00000004, 0x00000002, 0x00000008.
    Then remove or add various AO bits using the bit value editor, until you get something which visually applies an AO effect without it flickering on and off or bleeding through smoke etc.
    The Mass Effect bit and UE3 bit are usual contenders in this process.

With enough experience you don't have to try every bit in the driver each time :)

7. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    I have just created a new account to test it and you cant post links even in a code box, you can post links without the http:// though and Chrome and IE opened i.imgur.com/vXkSgET.jpg without a problem.

I suppose it's inconvenience for new posters but it's only 10 posts and it helps stop bots.

8. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    I have now completely rewritten my HBAO+ post for Dead Space and Dead Space 2:
    http://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=10168620&postcount=5702

After much frustrating testing I am now finally convinced, that "0x00000026" is the only option for HBAO+ in DS2.
    All other flags either don't work at all, and/or cause severe fogging issues.
    As I wrote earlier, "26" does cause some minor light bleeding around certain light sources, but this can actually be solved by reducing light quality to "Normal".

9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Custom StreetFighter4 flag is not optimal for StreetFighter x Tekken, its too dark and has a lot of smoke see-through effect.

"Ideal" flag: 0x00000012 (Mabinogi)

It still has some see-through by character selection, but its kept to minimal, no GUI & smoke see-through effect.

0x0000002D its at least 2x stronger with GUI see-through, had to select Raster3d OSD to capture it, otherwise it doesnt show on screens..
    [​IMG]

Vector3d
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

0x00000012 captures it on screen normally

[​IMG] [​IMG]

0x0000002D - dinosaur & smoke AO see-through GUI
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

0x00000012 (Mabinogi)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
  10. Cure_We_us

Cure_We_us Guest

GPU:
    16GB
    That explains the reusage on some bits :). I also have another question, do you have to restart the game when when you apply an AO compatibility bit? or can you test different type of bits while the game is on?

11. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    You have to close down the game, then open Inspector and set a new AO compatibility value.

12. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    I didn't test every flag, but I can't even get HBAO+ to show up in anyway in Battlefield Bad Company 2 DX9.

I've been able to get small to large increases in VRAM, even graphical glitches and 20+% increase in GPU usage and slowdown.

But never once has HBAO+ actually shown up.

This game is far too tedious to get in game and actually test. So testing every flag is beyond inane.

I've tested 10-15+ flags already.

I find that I have much less tolerance to testing lately. I am still burnt out from testing to make this thread I guess.

13. airshiraz

airshiraz Guest

GPU:
    gtx 970
    fu..that game bro dont bother urself mrbonk tanxxxxxxxx anyway

14. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    I completely understand at this point.
    AO testing is a real pain in the *** in some games.
    I have been doing SLI and Anti-Aliasing profile testing nonstop for around 9 years with NVIDIA's drivers (since 2005), and have never experienced anything as tedious as AO testing... :wanker:
    Thank god most new high-end DX11 titles have decent HDAO or HBAO(+) implementations, so that we don't have to do this for every title released :bang:

Btw, the description for DS2 isn't completely accurate:
    The flickering on/off happens no matter what ingame settings you are using.
    Setting "Light Quality" to "Normal" only fixes the light bleeding.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
  15. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Sorry I was half asleep when I wrote that. Reworded it.

16. JPulowski

JPulowski Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690
  17. airshiraz

airshiraz Guest

GPU:
    gtx 970
    i found the hbao+flag for bullet storm its 000002f

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
  18. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    Screenshot comparisons of "No AO" versus HBAO+ forced with "0x0000002F" in Bulletstorm please ;)

Also guys, I found a very nice HBAO+ flag "0x00000009" for Gothic 3.
    Alternatively "0x00000028" can also be used, but this is much more temporally unstable and applies too strong an AO effect on grass IMO.
    Furthermore "09" affects trees and distant terrain much more than "28".

Anyway, here is my full SLI/AA/AO report on Gothic 3:
    http://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=9307916&postcount=326

19. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Make a formal post with screenshot comparisons with it on and off.

Highest level jpgs or PNGs please and we will be set.

Thanks for testing.:)

20. FarEast

FarEast Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 780Ti Gaming
    Official Arma 3 flag (0x00000013) doesnt work..any alternative?