Battlefield 4 (part 2)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Vinnie, Nov 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Placebo_Tony

Placebo_Tony Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    I was getting this a lot, had to disable UPnP on my router, solved it instantly.

2. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    So.. no mantle patch for 2013?

3. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nope.

4. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I haven't played for about 3 weeks and finally sat down and put about 8 hours in and I did not have 1 single sound loop crash... so yeah.. whatever DICE did to fix that it worked perfectly.

A little annoyed that I had to Google how to play China Rising even though I have it.. had to add a registry value just to play the new maps...

I am looking at getting a new video card now that it's nearly a new year.. I am looking at the R9 270 series.. the one that caught my eye so far is the XFX Radeon R9 270 Double Dissipation Boost 2GB, which I must say looks rather nice... Although I feel a bit weary of getting an AMD video card.. the last time I had AMD.. I mean ATI.. was the X1900XTX.. which was quite a long time ago.. I find Mantle to be rather interesting, I hope it turns out to be something really good.

Ohh.. And the 12G Shorty Shotgun that you can have as a side arm.. that thing is awesome.

I feel like the pace of ranking up has been slowed down since last time I played.

5. heymian

heymian Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    Damn you guys weren't kidding about V40's. Was racking up kills all night. Thing is OP.

6. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I'll try that, thanks.

7. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    I was pretty sure mantle wont hit in December as promised :p

8. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Stay away from XFX custom cards. Just a fair warning.

9. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Get the 270X Toxic, it runs Battlefield at ultra+4x msaa avg 50-60fps.

The card also looks bad-ass. :D

10. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Stay away amd cards anyway. Sht driver support etc. And stop using dual gpu solutions too.

11. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Drivers have always been prefect for me. Never had a problem with any game in the last couple of years....

12. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    I had a xfx card years ago good price, looked cool, when i took it out of my case the fan had melted off it, to its credit the card was still working, seemingly fine, when i swapped it out for a 7900 i think at the time. but just from that a non ocd video card there was no excuse for the fan to just melt like that, cheap parts.

i would second anyone says be careful of xfx cards.

13. 3dPlayer

3dPlayer Banned

GPU:
    Have
    Cheap chinese fan probably. You could just replace it or change whole heatsink and voilá. That's is why you paid less, but you still have the 2yr warranty to cover it.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2013
  14. daniel3x

daniel3x Guest

GPU:
    AMD 7640G+7610M
    For the combination of price and performance amd drivers are the best choice. But yes the support are horrible. At least i don't face any big problem with the drivers.

15. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Shir driver support? Why don't you shut up if you don't know what you're talking about? Go check the Nvidia driver section, plenty of people having issues. Multi gpu is fine too, I don't have a single problem. Everything runs amazing

16. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    lets dont make this offtopic but When ever i get an ATI product, they r BROKEn out of the box or the drivers r always behind the competition. thats what i experienced.

and about multi GPU, people keep whining, crying, moaning about how poor a specific game is optimized for SLI etc. forum is full of it. why bother with headaches?

thats all experiences. some says yes some says no. that is my advice to people. stay away from AMD crap.

17. StarvinMarvinDK

StarvinMarvinDK Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 4070Ti 12GB
    Yes but it is still YOUR oppinion - don't drag it upon us that you can't get it to work.

I've had AMD for.... hell I don't know - the last nvidia I had was a gtx260 :D

So a long time :D

Never had the issues of the magnitude you're talking about.
    Can't blame others for your own inabilities m8 ;)

EDIT : Oh btw - all the AMD cards I've had has worked out of the box :)

18. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    you are the one going off topic, starting a flame war by claiming some ridiculous things. you constantly have various issues with your rigs, I would look at your stability before bashing anything, in all honesty. I am running crossfire, gpu usage is great, scaling is mega, it's quiet and cool, frame pacing works great, performance is out of this world, I mean no single gpu comes close. So please, keep these flame baits to yourself. Nobody is interested. I'm done with this topic.

19. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    my friend jumps back n forth between amd and nvidia, whoever is winning the war atm he tended to gofor, last time he got so fed up he swore off amd cards for life due to driver issues.

Amd have for a very long time had a rep for spotty drivers, last few years nvidia has caught up, including that one driver that bricked a bunch of peoples video cards.

Nm threads that pop up best amd drivers to use for (insert game here) sure they show up for nvidia but most times nvidia drivers will run most games fine even older drivers newer drivers just add frames for the newest stuff mostly.

Mass effect being one game i can recall being utterly broken across a bunch of nvidia releases, but one of the few i had ever encountered that would just not run at all unless i went back like to like 6 month old drivers.

To each their own, however, and we need some competition in the marketplace, i wish amd would get more consistent, and nvidia not break so many things in the newest drivers. They both have work to do.

20. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Yeah what ever i have no issues with this game anyway. just if max it all some heat issues due lack of cooling, bad case.

No netcode issues, no crashes. even 64bit runs great. i score great. bullets register fine. no fps drops, no stutter nothing at all.

and i advice set ur FOV to something normal. the move FOV u set, the abit ZOOM out u do. just saying.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.