MSI Afterburner 3.0.0 Beta 16(2013-10-25)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Haldi

Haldi Master Guru

GPU:
    R9-290 CF
    Hehe, can't say didn't expect that.
    But that would mean MSI does listen to their community... wow !

btw: i realized that today after i started my computer my 7970 was running on 1175/1800mhz. Same settings as i tried benching last night, and saved as profile 2.
    Apply Overclock at Startup is deactivated, Overclocking in CCC is deactivated.

This should not happen right?

2. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Thanks MSI & Unwinder!

3. Silithas

Silithas Guest

GPU:
    2x GTX 780 SC 3GB sli
    Hello, is there a non beta release of msi afterburner yet?

And where can i get a 64 bit version that supports ghosts and bf4?

4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070

5. Pepa1

Pepa1 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia
  6. famich

famich Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 780TI SLI@1250
    1250-1260MHz is my max on ASUS BIOS, let us see what AFB beta 17 brings... :)

Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
  7. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Guys, in different forums I've seen claims that AB reports wrong GPU usage on 290 cards because it is not supporting new AMD GPUs yet. That's incorrect statement, new versions of AB won't fix it, GPU usage is reported as it is calculated by AMD driver and it is not anyhow calculated internally in AB. So it is not a case of unknown GPU, it is as correct as AMD driver team implemented it. Currently GPU usage sensor implementation inside AMD driver is broken and it may return unreliable data if other sensors were polled immediately before GPU usage. So the amount of wrong data can be minimized by adding artificial delays between polling the sensors, it may be minimized by putting GPU load sensors to the first positions in the list, but the only true fix can be expected from AMD drivers update.

8. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Thank for the information, so if someone asking about this issues, it is more easy to answer them. :)

9. BababooeyHTJ

BababooeyHTJ Member Guru

GPU:
    7950 crossfire
    Thanks, I was wondering what those spikes in gpu usage were. I thought that it was a couple of games not working properly in crossfire.

10. JumpingHubert

JumpingHubert New Member

GPU:
    AMD R9 290
    Hi Unwinder,
    it seems gpu-z 0.7.4 is logging the gpu-usage correct. I tried it in arma3 and compared the usage graphs between gpu-z and afterburner 3.0.0 Beta 16.
    My gpu is a R9 290, catalyst driver 13.11 - 13.25.22-131025a-164183C-ATI
    sry for my crap english, not my first language :)

11. jomama22

jomama22 Member

GPU:
    3x 7970 Lightning
    Hey Unwinder,

Thanks for all of the work. I didn't see it specifically mentioned but will we see memory voltage control as well for the 290/x?

cheer

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
  12. Unwinder

Please read the text you quoted a few times and slowly to understand it better. It is a question of timings between polling AMD driver sernsors. You can make AB to display "correct" usage by simply moving GPU usage graph to the top of monitoring sources list to ensure that the sensor is being polled first or by altering polling rate.
    But it won't address the problem source and it will still arise if you run multiple tools simultaneously. It needs to be fixed from AMD driver side. I have nothing more to add to it.

13. Unwinder

There is no programmable memory voltage controller on reference 290/x. Only VDDC/VDDCI.

14. jomama22

jomama22 Member

GPU:
    3x 7970 Lightning
    Thanks for the response. Looks like we'll have to do some hex diving.

Cheers and keep up the good work!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
  15. Sawny

Sawny Guest

GPU:
    amd R6970
    Wait.. Are you doing all this work for free? Aren't MSI paying you?

You know that they really should, MSI afterburner was the reason I chose a MSI card over other brands. MSI earns much more money because of you.

16. Unwinder

No, I get a few cents of royalty fees from each sold copy of MSIA AB with MSI card.

17. yellowz06

yellowz06 Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 290 / 4GB
    I got this working, however how can we undervolt?

Thanks

18. Unwinder

Use 8-bit negative offsets

19. chicken-

chicken- Guest

GPU:
    XFX Radeon 6970 2GB
    Hi, thanks for continuing to support afterburner and improving it!

I have a "complaint" though, this expiration warning that begun popping up on startup is preventing my fan profile from being used until after I click "OK", so if my PC restarts and my cgminer opens up, my card goes way beyond the temps I'd want.

I had been holding off upgrading just because the newer ones didn't really offer anything for me yet, especially when the program's own update button says I'm on the latest. I would just request that this notification not prevent your profiles from running in future versions if possible. Thanks :D

Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  20. De-M-oN

De-M-oN Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080
    Is this the reason why Afterburners NVEnc Implementation drops my rise of the triad from 80 to 33fps (which is exactly the same like with the cpu lossless encoders) while shadowplay stays at 80 ?

But Shadowplay is bad. tv.601 color matrix, horrible audio bitrate and so much more bad about it....

Maxwell's NVEnc can do lossless capture though - Shadowplay of course still not rofl.

But Afterburner seems not too though. Can you maybe implement it then? NVEnc would be great if it wouldnt fps drop like at shadowplay, while being lossless in audio and video.

But somehow there is no software which makes use of it :(

I have a RAID 0 with 352 mbyte/s, but no cpu usage at 2560x1600,60fps capture would help my cpu a lot.

OBS would offer lossless NVEnc, but dont know the performance compared to shadowplay - but with your text it lets someone assume it isnt any better compared to shadowplay.

But OBS has bad hooking and no overlay(or OSD like you call it in Afterburner) and records audio lossy as well..

Last edited: Jan 31, 2015