MSI Afterburner 3.0.0 Beta 15(2013-09-16)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

It works fine and it is supposed to be that way, Microsoft traditionallly repsesents commit charge under "PF usage" name. And it was discussed twice during the last few days:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4657469&postcount=1546
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=382074

2. automaticman

automaticman Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Vapor-X
    Ahh, that makes more sense. And honestly, I had totally forgotten that there was a dedicated Afterburner forum here.

3. JulioCesarSF

JulioCesarSF Active Member

GPU:
    SLI GTX 780 Ti
    Tell me more. :nerd:
    Good or bad news? :banana:

4. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

If you don't mind me asking, how did you do this?

5. Haldi

Haldi Master Guru

GPU:
    R9-290 CF
    Not like that would be a speed Problem for RAM. (and even some SSD's go up to 550MBs write)
    But i already feared that there would be a 2GB limit :I

There are some tricks, like that one for Skyrim to use more than 2GB RAM, no intention of looking into that because 2gb is enough ?

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  6. Unwinder

Encoding is performed in game application context.

7. Unwinder

Some more news on the development progress:

There were some changes in video prerecording logic after internal testing of it. Prerecording no longer works like I described it before. Now prerecord hotkey is responsible for starting/stopping prerecord session only, presing it while prerecording is in progress no longer flushes whole prerecord buffer to HDD. So you may always stop prerecording without actually saving anythin. Video capture hotkey can be now used to save prerecord buffer to HDD, but unlike before it doesn't save just the prerecord buffer contents but keeps capturing video to HDD until you press video capture hotkey one more time. Also, saving video during prerecord session no longer stops prerecording, so you may start prerecording session and save multiple videos during it without the need to restart prerecording after saving each video. So typical prerecording feature usage scenario will look like:

- You press prerecord hotkey to start prerecording video to buffer
    - You press video capture hotkey to start recording video when necessary, recorded video will include the previous prerecorded N seconds of video as well
    - You press video capture hotkey one more time to stop recording video when necessary. Unlike traditional video capture session, it may take a few seconds after stopping capture to flush all buffered video to HDD (it won't slow down the gameplay, but OSD will show video recording progress during some time after stopping recording with prerecord buffer). After stopping video capture it will automatically continue prerecording N seconds of video.
    - You may press prerecord hotkey one more time while prerecording session is active to stop capturing and buffering video without saving it to HDD.

Aslo note for those who upgrade to Win 8.1: don't forget that clean installation of RTSS is strongly recommended when upgrading to new OS. So uninstall it completely, remove all RTSS profiles when prompted by uninstaller then install it again.

8. SkyKing20

SkyKing20 Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE 3 @ 980 Ti
    MSI Afterburner 3.0.0 Beta 15

Hi my MSI Afterburner 3.0.0 Beta 15 has expired and interested in knowing when the new beta is due for release??

Kind regards Skyking20

9. SkyKing20

SkyKing20 Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE 3 @ 980 Ti
    Apologies as I really need to get some eye glasses, it seems I had Beta version 11 installed and misread it for Beta version 15. So all good now with this latest version installed.

Kind Regards Skyking20

10. Phill-7

Phill-7 Active Member

GPU:
    GeForce 2080Ti
    MSI Afterburner 3.0.0 Beta 15 stopped showing DX version and FPS since Windows8 update to 8.1. All other functions are ok.

11. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    Reinstall RTSS.

12. HoT

HoT Guest

GPU:
    1070 G1
    Hi Guys!

I can't change the core voltage on my 280x dc2top using AB (beta15) ! :\
    I can change on the slider but it won't change anything...

Anyone notice this before ?

13. 3dPlayer

3dPlayer Banned

GPU:
    Have
    ASUS GPUTweak 2.4.7.

14. Phill-7

Phill-7 Active Member

GPU:
    GeForce 2080Ti
    Thanks, that helped. Although, only after complete uninstall of RTSS and its settings. :)

15. Unwinder

That's exactly what is recommended on the previous page.

16. HoT

HoT Guest

GPU:
    1070 G1
    i'am talking about AB , i don't want gputweak

17. Unwinder

AB is not supposed to control voltage on non-reference non-MSI cards. Use ASUS application for it.

18. rene mauricio

rene mauricio Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 970
    Do you perhaps have UEFI GOP enabled? If so try to disable it. Back in May the author was quoted as saying:

I would say at this point (5 months later) GOP voltage control on non-MSI cards is about as likely as the coveted 64-bit support.

:wanker:

19. Unwinder

Both of replies you did in AB section from your account contain attempts to troll on 64-bit support subject in different forms. Don't try to do it third time and take it as a warning.

20. nanoGuruTony

nanoGuruTony Guest

GPU:
    Asus HD7870 V2
    Quicksync video recording on win 8.1

Just read all the posts from around official release of windows 8.1 and didn't notice anyone mention the problem I have.

Seems windows 8.1 broke Quicksync recording for me and/or Intel made changes to their sdk in these new drivers which render quicksync recording via afterburner inoperable?

Background: Quicksync recording worked in win8, before update, using intel display drivers:

File name:
    Win64_153117.zip

Version:

After 8.1 update, the Intel graphics adapter was improperly identified or installed and showed the usual exclamation mark warning thing. I think I noticed this right after trying and failing to record with quicksync for the first time after update--which I just did yesterday!

So I uninstalled the intel drivers via add/remove and rebooted as prompted. Upon reboot windows installed whatever drivers it thought appropriate. These turned out to be newer than the old ones I was trying to install and so, on a whim, not expecting it to work because I suspected the sdk wasn't installed, and as far as I know, the sdk needs to be installed for quicksync transcoding to work, I tried to record with no success. All I get when I try to record and fail is 9k mkv files.

So!! I downloaded intel's latest 8.1 drivers:
    File name:
    Win64_15335.zip

Version:

I should say this is all 64bit--and installed them. And so here I am now, not able to record with quicksync! T^T I think all other modes work, though.

I did what was suggested earlier and reinstalled afterburner and accompanying RTSS application and ended up with the same results.

I guess the only thing left for me to try, I suppose, is to install the older intel drivers and see if that works.

Don't think it would hurt anything to try this. Anyone have suggestions on what's going on here?

Anyway, thanks for the amazing program! I can't believe all the amazing functionality and effort the developers have put into this. Thanks and sorry for the long post! xD