Battlefield 3 (Official Thread)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by TriGGlety, Aug 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnyz333

johnyz333 Active Member

GPU:
    Inno3d 8800GTS 512 x2
    Are u sure disable anti aliasing? Won't that degrade picture quality?

2. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    Anyone to reduce bloom ? White object shine too much imo. Little distracting.

Also i overclocked my card to 970/1150 and it made huge difference since i was like 50FPS min to 80FPS, now i get more like 60FPS min. (perf high, FXAA, no MSAA 1920x1080)

3. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    I used to always play with a high FOV back when corridor shooters were the main games, but with battlefield I have adjusted to less as it is easier to hit/spot distance targets. I've settled for 75.

In BF3 a 90 fov would be the equivalent to 115 in older Horizontal fov games like Quake3.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2011
  4. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    Not exactly. Nearby objects are still created in the 3d space, just not drawn to the screen. Its far easier to create the 3d scenescape ONCE, then simply adjust what is being drawn to the screen and re-do lighting effects. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to handle lighting effects from off-screen objects.

5. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    Just played a bunch on server with instant vehicle spawn and 800 points per team :D

I got my canister shot for tanks and man it's pure awesomeness!!!

6. Deathspank

Deathspank Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX570 1280mb
    ive tried this for disabling bloom. install notepad++. go to My Documents/Battlefield 3/settings/PROF_SAVE_profile. now open prof save profile with notepad++. press control+F to bring up the search box and type in enlighten. when it finds enlighten change the 1 to a 0 and save and exit.

let me know what you think as im super beyond the joke colourblind and would like some input. ive also played a few rounds with this disabled and punkbuster did not kick me.

7. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    I've messed with the enlighten setting and made comparison shots, it made no difference. I don't think the setting even works. Changing contrast in there didn't work either.

8. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Not exactly?
    Usually game engines use frustum culling to get rid of objects that won't be projected on the screen after you have transformed the verticies based on the current camera matrix. Of course game engines use other more advanced culling and visibility algorithms, but the frustum culling is still there.
    Also shadow mapping is done by rendering the whole scene from the point of view of the light that casts the shadows, it doesn't care what you see on the screen. This is why most of the dynamic lights in the engine won't cast shadows, because it would require the engine to transform the scene again and render the depth buffer again for every single light, instead Dice went with the deferred approach without shadows for most of the lights.

9. sublime20

sublime20 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 560 Ti
    is it me or does the battlefield 3 graphics remind you of the way the first crysis looked ??

needless to say, i will be buying battlefield 3 someday soon!

10. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I feel the same about the graphics, the look is very much like Crysis. At least Dice didn't add as much grain effect.

11. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480 1.5GB
    There's at least one 1500 Ticket server too. Search for that it's in the title.

Roger that re. Cannister. Tho I forgot to try them for days after I had them unlocked derp.

12. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Nope, instead of a grain effect... they just made every light insanely glaring.

13. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    True ;) It's quite funny they combined the overly bright light, normally seen when outside without sunglasses, and the extremely strong contrast, normally seen with sunglasses.
    Too bad there's no choice as either one of them would be fine and "realistic" (do I choose to go with glasses and see less in dark areas or do I go naked and be blinded by sun and nasty flashlights).

14. Mr_Alexander

Mr_Alexander Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GYGABYTE 3080ti
    Guys!
    Any news on when new patch is going to be released. My main concern is unexpected crashes to Desktop during the game. I am used to when you have to start game few times before it actually starts but crashes when you are already in the game really bother me.
    Yesterday my friend and I were playing Conquest match with 250 tickets. Our team were losing half way. At some point we managed to get the game around. My friend and I were on a roll. He was recon and I was assault. I got so many ribbons, service star, medal for assault class, new unlocks etc.
    And when there were only 11 tickets separating us from the Victory game crashed. I got pissed you can imagine. Almost threw my mouse into the wall. Unfortunately for us statistics does not get recorded in real time.

15. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    ^^ I "believe" statistics gets updates every 5 minutes or so. But yes, that would be a pain.

Still, the results for the round should still be handled server side, so I'd imagine the stats would eventually get updated...

16. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    You go out on a sunny day for 5 minutes and then go indoors. You won't be able to see a thing ;)

17. Mr_Alexander

Mr_Alexander Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GYGABYTE 3080ti
    I checked today. Unfortunately nothing was changed since yesterday. Oh well. I hope they will fix all that in the future.

18. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Disconnect counts as a loss...

19. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    That's what I'm saying. Naked eye, yes. But with my glasses on? No problem at all. Good glasses even cure bad and disturbing reflections so I thought it may have been a nice idea.
    I just don't get why they kept the downsides of both variants to get their "look".

20. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Can't wait till 12:00 midnight tonight the servers will be free of all the COD kids and maybe we can start getting some more tactical games going. I can hope can't I.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.