(All-in-one Daniel_K) Modded Soundcard Driver packs/disks

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by TheHunter, Aug 14, 2010.

1. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    SB X-Fi Series AuzenWDM Pack 1.8 (10/25/201​1)

This software/driver pack is unofficial, not supported by Creative Labs.
    Use it at your own risk.

Supports the following models of Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI cards (except Xtreme Audio):

- SB0460 / SB0462 / SB0463 / SB0464 /SB0465 /SB0466 / SB0468 / SB0469
    - SB046A / SB046B / SB046C
    - SB0550 / SB055A
    - SB0678 / SB0679
    - SB0730 / SB073A
    - SB0760
    - SB0772 / SB0773 / SB0775 / SB0776 / SB0779
    - SB0930

**Please note that unlike the UAA Pack, this one does NOT support the Auzen X-Fi Prelude.

Operating systems supported (32-bit and 64-bit editions):

- Windows Vista / Server 2008
    - Windows 7 / Server 2008 R2

Complete set with applications:

- X-Fi Series driver 2.14.0001.28 (Auzentech Prelude RefCD5)

- ALchemy 1.43.15
    - Audio Control Panel 3.00.60
    - AutoMode Switcher 1.01.07
    - Console Launcher 2.61.54
    - DDL and DTS Connect License Activation 2.00.03 (*)
    - Dolby Digital Live Pack 3.02.00 (*)
    - DTS Connect Pack 1.04.00 (*)
    - MediaSource DVD-Audio Player 2.00.78
    - SoundFont Bank Manager 3.21.02
    - THX Console 3.50.05
    - Volume Panel 2.21.15

(*) - purchase and activation required.

This is the same Auzen Prelude RefCD5 UAA driver operating in WDM mode with WaveRT support.

Decoder, WhatUHear and DVD Audio are available with this driver for cards that originally supported these features.

This updated pack adds OpenAL and ASIO support for 64-bit applications.

Release Notes:

Windows Security warning during driver installation

When prompted with: "Windows can't verify the publisher of this driver software", choose "Install this driver software anyway".

Rear and Side channels swapped

Run THX Console, change the speaker configuration to 7.1 then reassign the channels.

See the picture below (THX_Setup.png file included).
    [​IMG]

The procedure must be done for every mode (Entertainment, Game and Audio Creation).

Download:

Filename: XFI_AuzenWDM_1_8.exe
    File size: 93 MB
    CRC32 hash: E4E9CA78
    SHA-1 hash: BD161C662C56D0451BB0CD3E92F073AC08AC6C36
    http://hotfile.com/dl/133378907/066b81c/XFI_AuzenWDM_1_8.exe

source:
    http://forums.creative.com/t5/Sound...zenWDM-Pack-1-8-10-25-2011/m-p/588101#M163540

2. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz

so thats the WDM one he?
    u think this might work better here? so i have game mode and stuff?
    cause i really like the auzen drivers..they gave me better sound? well. dunno..they are different . i like them more ;)

3. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    idk you could try and see, the only diff with this set is it supports "what you hear" option. The driver is the same like by UAA 1.8..

Well Im still at UAA 1.8 and all is ok :nerd:

4. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    jup, but u have PCI-e didnt u? or at least the better version of my soundcard..

5. Dr.Chocolate

Dr.Chocolate Guest

GPU:
    GTX1060 6gb ASUS
    Changed to beta drivers from creative site and some stuff i still use from x-fi suite, like the thq thing.

6. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    :banana: wooohhhoooooo :banana:

look at this hunter...
    i just switched the drivers..before 2.5 support pack..
    now i swapped for auzenuaa1.8 WDM..and what happened? Of course, i have game mode, audio creation and entertainment mode again..

i just used the folder --> Drivers --> setup.exe and swapped them nice and clean...now i use auzen driver and have all things working..

what a nice day that is today..hehe

7. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    hehe cool:nerd:

no mine is PCI, just like Prelude.

8. slckb0y

slckb0y Banned

GPU:
    GV-N470SO-13I@900/2000 x3
    PCI X-FI Elite Pro, driver working wonder, fixed some spit i had with the stock one, but unfo the rack isn't working anymore :x anybody know a way to fix it pls ?

9. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    well. after 7 hours of testing and banging my head against the PC i found the driver that works best for me..(X-FI Xtreme Gamer PCI)

I took the new files from the uaa1.8 pack..like control panel, THX, alchemy, etc.. so thats up to date..And for the Driver im using now:

SB X-Fi Series driver 2.20.0001 - Forte v1.1 R2 (05/16/2010)

And what can i say..its the best combo for me..sounds great. no probs or klicking..all good..great sound also..
    The UAA drivers gave me a too low sound..it wasnt loud enough.-.

with normal drivers and forte etc. its very loud @ 70%
    With uaa @ 70% its well..like 20% or so..strange..
    maybe its just my Card, who knows..Anyway, i found my settings now..gonna stay with the Forte ones..best ever..Hopefully daniel will make some new ones for them too !!

Just thought im gonna let u guys know..if someone has teh same probs..

-BetA-

10. muharic

muharic Guest

GPU:
    nvideo 7600 gt 512mb
    hello guys. i need this pack for win7 sb x-treme audio. But all link lead to the forum and forum is down. Any1 pls god any link? Tnx

11. WyldCat

WyldCat Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 460 1GB
    Launcher Problems

Long time reader, new member and first post.

First things first... Thanks to Daniel_K for the drivers and to The Hunter for putting all the info together in this forum! :thumbup:

And now the question(s)...
    I have a dual boot WinXP & Win 7 PC.

On WinXP my Console Launcher in game mode looks like this:

[​IMG]

But on Windows 7 the Console Launcher in game mode now looks like this:

[​IMG]

Before, they were the same. (Or I would swear that they were!) Then the
    other day, literally, I was watching a vid on youtube and the sound started
    getting wonky. At first I thought that the video itself was bad, so I clicked a couple of others. Nope, all sounded the same. As if the volume was going in and out or it was trying to play from a different set of speakers. So I opened the Console Launcher, on Win 7, and first thing I noticed was that the Wave slider bar was gone and there was ANOTHER microphone slider bar in its place. :3eyes:

I tried opening and closing the console launcher a few times, and rebooting as well. Nada, still fubared. So I figured, OK, I'll just uninstall and reinstall creative drivers, etc.

I have installed and uninstalled the various creative drivers/Apps that are
    listed for my Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro-SB0460(A?). (Side Note: Two drivers share the same name: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi series driver 2.18.0015. But if you expand the "details" tab on them then you'll see that the one for Vista and XP is SBXF_PCDRV_XPVT_LB_2_18_0015.exe - and came out on 2-16-11. The one for Windows 7 is SBXF_PCDRV_LB_2_18_0015.exe - and came out 6-16-10. Why the newer driver came out for the older operating systems BEFORE an updated Win7 driver did is beyond me? )

When I've uninstalled I've:
    1) Uninstalled everything Creative in Control Panel > Programs & Features > Uninstall
    2) Deleted all creative folders (Program files(x86),app data - local and roaming; common files; normal creative folders, etc. that I could find )
    3) A. Extracted the SBXF_PCDRV_LB_2_18_0015.exe with WinRar. Open that folder > Drivers > SBXF > setup.exe to run the Creative Driver Update Utility.
    B. Under Update Option check the Driver Uninstallation box.
    C. Check the Delete all shared Creative audio driver files box.
    D. Click OK.
    E. Click Yes to the warning that follows.
    F. Click OK to proceed with the uninstallation.
    G. Click OK to reboot your system.
    H. When system has rebooted, click Cancel when Windows detects new hardware.
    ( To make SURE this was done correctly I checked in Device Manager under Sound,video and game controllers. Sure enough SBX-Fi was NOT listed anymore. But I could now see "Other Devices" with Multimedia Audio Controller listed in Device Manager with the exclamation icon next to it. )
    4) Run Ccleaner - registry cleaner to remove any leftovers ( backed up reg just in case )
    5) Re-Installed the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi series 2.18.0015 Win7 driver (SBXF_PCDRV_LB_2_18_0015.exe) and Creative Console Launcher 2.61.09 (CSL_PCAPP_LB_2_61_09.exe)

The Creative Console Launcher 2.61.09 is listed as being for XP and Vista, and has worked fine for past 6-8 months on Win 7. But when I tried to re-install it this time, it didn't work. I have tried both XP & Vista compatibility during and after installation. Neither way has worked. :bang: There is a Creative Console Launcher 2.61.49 listed for XP, Vista & 7, but it is a BETA. And Creative warns you to...
    "Take note of the following:
    THIS IS AN UNSUPPORTED BETA APPLICATION. There is no technical support for this application. We recommend that only experienced users install this application. Do not install this application on a system used to perform critical tasks. Users who are looking for stable applications should wait for the final release. When this happens, user should install the latest Creative Console Launcher application available. "
    (This beta came out on 8-5-10. How long do they want us to "wait for the final release"? :bang: I'm half tempted to try the Creative Console Launcher 2.61.35 that came out for the Titanium series of cards to see if that works or not. If I do, and it does, I will post my results back here.)

All of this had me searching on Google, where I ran across mention of Daniel_K, which led me to here. Where I ran across The Hunter's (All-in-one Daniel_K) Modded Soundcard Driver packs/disks. I downloaded and installed the SB X-Fi Series Support Pack 2.5 (10/25/2011) hoping that it would be the cure I was looking for. But even after installing this driver pack, I still get the same problems in the console launcher that I was getting with the
    Creative Drivers. :cussing:

After having said all that, my question is this: Should I try using Driver Sweeper 3.2 ( in safe mode? ) instead of manually deleting the files and registry entries as I have been doing? The reason I ask is I have read that Driver Sweeper removes some entries in the registry that it shouldn't pertaining to Creative and/or Windows. Or is this information incorrect, i.e. it pertained to an older version of Driver Sweeper and NOT the newest version? :confused: Or is there another driver pack by Daniel_K that would work better than the SB X-Fi Series Support Pack 2.5 for my X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro card?

Any information/answers anyone would care to share on this would be greatly appreciated :thumbup:
    ( If I have posted in the wrong place, my apologies, and please feel free to move it. Thanks! )

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  12. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    Hi
    So your issue is you're not seeing Wave volume slider?

I dont have it either, its how win7/vista works (its part of internal windows volume mixer).

The best driver from all these packs is Auzen UAA 1.8 or if you want "what you hear" option then install UAA 1.8 WDM driver pack. I see you have the same SB as be SB046A so it should work for sure.

It has all the stuff included,
    console launcher
    volume panel
    mode switcher
    Alchemy

First uninstall all, then remove all creative folders, etc (some are hidden, you need to go to folder options and uncheck hide system files)

uninstall the driver in device manager or with a help of creative WDM driver installer (check delete all shared files)

Run ccleaner(registry), run driver sweeper and clean creative stuff, run Ccleaner again if there are any conflicts.. You might want to run some extra registry cleaner like Win7manager (registry cleaner), check with ccleaner again.

Now reboot and install either UAA 1.8 or UAA 1.8 WDM.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  13. nam

nam Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW ICX
    i use tobe on the UAA 1.5 set then upgraded to the 2.5 and then the Uaa 1.8 set's all i had was never ending issues i.e Freezing,sound loop freeze and even a few BSOD games and idle even just watching Films i had this issue for around 5 days,
    so i removed and i am now on the latest Auzen drivers and everything is fine now:)

with useing the Uaa 1.5 for at least 18 months and no issues all i can put this down to is that 64bit extension for OpenAL and ASIO or the auzen driver does not mix with the compiled package.

14. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    I think that middle steep (2.5suite) fuxed up everything :)

Im at UAA1.8 since release and its stable in everything like Q4, D3, Prey (OpenAL), Asio (Reason5) or in general.

Also manual mode switcher reacts faster and sometimes doesn't get stuck in one mode - I had this small issue with UAA1.5.

15. nam

nam Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW ICX
    both 2.5 and 1.8 reacted the same way i.e crash's/BSOD ect and both were clean installs, it really got my back up as Daniel k is normally great with theses packs, happy now though as the latest Auzen drivers work with the THX panel patch i still have:3eyes:

16. Sharkmanbmw

Sharkmanbmw New Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 275 Superclocked
    I am looking for the best driver for my Auzentech Home Theatre HD.
    Where can I find the latest & greatest?
    Preferably compatible with Win XP.
    Thanks!

17. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    Hi

SB X-Fi Series Support Pack 2.5 (10/25/2011) has it..
    - Auzentech X-Fi HomeTheater HD driver 2.20.0000.28 v1.20

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4140359&postcount=87

But idk how good it really is..

18. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Drivers are not compatible with your card.

19. MKANET

MKANET Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 640GT (Kepler GPU)
    I have a X-Fi Extreme Music (SB0460) sound card.

Apparently, the below link shows that Creative Labs broke AC3/DTS decoding via SPDIF input in their vista drivers. I am hoping that at least it's possible to get working using Daniel_K's modded drivers.

Is there any way to get someone know understand what's really going on? It has been reported more than once there is an older version of Daniel_K's modded driver than supports native/hardware AC3/DTS decoding for SPDIF input audio streams:
    http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1458002

However, the Creative Labs drivers all have this broken since Vista:
    http://connect.creativelabs.com/windows/Lists/XFi%20Issues/DispForm.aspx?ID=86&Source=http%3A%2F%2Fconnect.creativelabs.com%2Fwindows%2FLists%2FXFi%2520Issues%2FAllItems.aspx

Anyway, I just installed the latest 2.5 pack. I'm hoping someone would be kind enough to tell me what I need to do in order to see the below options for my:
    sb0251(I/O Drive) Creative X-Fi External I/ O Console? I'm using Win7 64bit OS.

I know that after I connect the I/O drive, I have several new audio inputs available in my driver (that's from my I/O drive). However, for some odd reason I dont see the below "Decoder" tab nor the "Dolby Digital/DTS SPDIF-in decode" option under the "SPDIF I/O" tab, I only see "Default" and "Bypass SPDIF" as options.

On Creative's webpage it says that I wont see any of these options if my sound card doesnt have an onboard dolbydigital decoder. However, I am very sure card does: X-Fi Xtreme Music(SB0460). I've been told that these options should show up with a "hacked" driver. I'm guessing this is the hacked drivers that's being referred to. If it's not, which one should I use to expose these options?

Anyway, if nobody knows the answer to this, maybe someone could direct me to a website/forum that would know how to use the sb0251(I/O Drive) Creative X-Fi External I/ O Console properly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  20. MKANET

MKANET Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 640GT (Kepler GPU)
    PS: How to report bugs?

When upgrading from the latest Creative Windows 7 64bit beta drivers with DTS Connect pack to the 2.5 Pack, there's a problem upgrading the DTS Connect package. See error:

[​IMG]