Catalyst 11.5a & Battlefield BC2

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Isbre, May 15, 2011.

1. Isbre

Isbre Guest

GPU:
    290X Matrix H2O
    It's been a while since i played BC2 active. But now i fired up that game again using 11.5a and the performance suck! CF works at random and it is very low load on GPU. The menus is acting slow and strange, and also when im about to enter a map its very laggy. Its always lagged a bit just when i enter maps but now its super laggy. And i can also get super laggy when on the battlefield.

I tried using the updater in BC2 folder, but it says my files are corrupt. So it may not be the drivers, im just wondering what performance you people got before i test more. I dont even have connected DVD-rom and i use all ports for harddrives so it would be very helpful if you guys report what performance you got. :)

Last edited: May 15, 2011
  2. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Since you've been out of the scene for while why not ask what's going on rather then assume something that doesn't exist in your situation? To sum this up, the drivers run fine in BC2 however, something is up with BC2 that causes frame rate problems. Have a look at this thread.
    http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-bad-company-2-pc/1401182-heavy-slowdowns.html

Also, look at this:
    http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/19315373-post11.html

Last edited: May 15, 2011
  3. Steppis

Steppis Master Guru

GPU:
    2xXFX 5870 "XT" Crossfire
    The 11.5a driver is the best driver for bc2 since 10.5a. Great perfomence. Must be something with those .5a drivers they always seem too do wonders :p

4. Tmax

Tmax Guest

GPU:
    ATI 5870 Crossfire
    I have the exact same problem. I have 5870 CF. The issues started with 11.4 and hasn't improved with 11.5 CAP1. The game will now crash on me randomly. Something that has never happened with 11.3 or prior releases. I still play it but CF performance has been noticeably dropping on recent catalyst releases.

5. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    I can confirm that the lag experienced when you first load a server/game became worse after installing the 11.5 drivers, something which the 11.4 drivers seemed to fix.

6. Tmax

Tmax Guest

GPU:
    ATI 5870 Crossfire
    Your right. I didn't read the links you posted earlier. It does appear to be be a BFBC2 server issue. Thanks.

7. Isbre

Isbre Guest

GPU:
    290X Matrix H2O

Yes it does seem like server/PB issue or somthing with the game. After some more testing i conclude the performance of drivers is fine and i still got the 20 FPS boost on avg that the 11.4 drivers provided.

My problem with the CF gets disabled and like 20% Load on only 1 GPU is related to RP

RP works super good in all my other games but it dont like BC2 now with newer drivers.

8. mbd2884

mbd2884 Banned

GPU:
    Mobility HD5870
    Yeah the server lag/stuttering has been beaten to death over the past year. Anytime there is a server update this happens. This isn't the first time.

9. Carlaz

Carlaz Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 6950
    I have black squares during BC2 since installing the 11.5 drivers on the screen. Its only since this install and i cant work whether its the card or the game. Does anyone know which the problem. Other games seem to work perfectly and really do no want to RMA.

10. MrSean490

MrSean490 Guest

GPU:
    ref. Sapphire 6950 2GB
    Eh, I've had framerate issues with BC2 ever since I got it. I've had two different GPU's since getting the game, so I figure it's something else.

11. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    are you forcing any 3d settings in CCC? is bc2 running in dx9 or dx10 or dx11?

you can put aticfx32.dll & atidxx32.dll from an older known to work driver into the bc2 folder to see if the squares are gone

12. MyBrains

MyBrains Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 OC 950MHz
    I've never really have a problem with BC2 tbh (only the Punkbuster issues but i dont run MSI Afterburner while playing BC2 anymore) i max out with AA@4x but i think its more of a connection thing,i'm on 30mb/3mb fibre optic and usually have a good ping but a friend in Alabama can hardly play cuz his ping is always over 200

In answer to ur question about performance others get my min fps drops to 35-40 and max fps at 150-175 but averaging around 75-90fps most of the time.

There aint much difference with 8xAA but i leave it at 4xAA cuz im sometimes logged into Second Life at the same time with BC2 running in windowed mode :p

If i was u i'd reinstall BC2,if u still have problems then use the 11.4 March 23rd drivers which i use as they seem to be solid for BC2.

13. phatbx133

phatbx133 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1050ti 4GB
    I played BFC2 with 11.3 didn't have any issues and my setting at 1680x1050 with all max except low shadow quality, 8x and 16x running no problem.

CPU 50%

PB 0 %

Last edited: May 16, 2011
  14. Taint3dBulge

Taint3dBulge Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    the cause to all the lag problems is punkbuster.. I made the dumbazz mistake of saying f it and updated it.. my fps's are still around the same but myf*ck does it seem choppy and just weird.. was on a server with a 25 ping and my ping was like 70... It should be totally fluid at 80~100fps you would think, but it felt like i was playing at 30 fps...

15. adrock311

adrock311 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8gb
    BFBC2 is a horribly unoptimized game on PC -- my advice is to use these settings for multiplayer (discovered through trial and error)

level of detail: medium
    texture quality: high
    shadow quality: medium
    effects quality: medium
    Anti Aliasing: 4x AA
    Anisotrophic filter: 8x
    Vsync: off
    HBAO: off

that is for BFBC2 vanilla.
    if playing BFBC2 vietnam, increase all settings to HIGH and ON , its MUCH more optimized

oh btw, single player BFBC2 doesnt need any tweaking, it runs perfectly with max settings, the above settings are for best performance in multiplayer

Last edited: May 19, 2011

16. Ukraver

Ukraver Master Guru

GPU:
    msi r280x oc
    call of duty bo is the same with 11.5a , really bad lag spikes at begining of rounds and fps drops in game , infact any driver from 11.1a same on cod bo on my 6870 so stuck with them

the common thing i have noticed is its as if the newer ati drivers dont like the microsoft visual c 2010 , well my 6870 does not anyway , maybe because its the microsoft version installed not the one that comes with the drivers

17. BENtayan89

BENtayan89 Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Sapphire 5770 Vapor-X
    i played all high settings with no problems :bang:

18. adrock311

adrock311 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8gb
    all high settings is no problem (it runs fine on my system, single player), but if you want closer to 60fps for better gameplay and score in multiplayer , my settings help

19. adrock311

adrock311 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8gb
    call of duty black ops is just a terrible console port, no drivers can fix that POS

20. Ukraver

Ukraver Master Guru

GPU:
    msi r280x oc
    :bang: