Nvidia AA guide

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by GanjaStar, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Wanny

Wanny Guest

The new flag barely works, but it does. Not worth it because it also adds some weird graphical anomalies.

2. The Sleeper

The Sleeper Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 FE
    Thanks dude .. Wont bother then .. ;0)

3. mattyc

mattyc Guest

GPU:
    GTX570 800-1600-2000
    Can anyone confirm whether they have got Arcania gothic 4 working with AA. I tried enabling in Nvidia menu but it doesnt work, the game would look SO much better with it enabled. I agree with a post previous, why make a game and not have options to enable these things!

4. Straykatt

Straykatt Guest

GPU:
    3090 FE
    OK. I've downloaded inspector twice, in the antiailiasing compatibility section there is no drop down section for me... It's left completely blank when I click the drop down button. That's why I said it's strange that you have to manually enter the AA flag. Now I see that it's supposed to populate with the AA flags, so I'm not going crazy. :) I'll try downloading it again to see if I can get it working correctly. Thanks you guys!

5. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]

you need to press on that "magnifying glass" icon - so it scans for predefined driver settings, its on top 3rd icon from the right next to "apply changes" button.

6. Straykatt

Straykatt Guest

GPU:
    3090 FE
    Sweet, thanks for the heads up! I appreciate you.

Q? Is it best to turn off in game AA when applying the flag for battlefield 2? Or does it matter?

7. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    When I had my HD 5870 cards I got AA working in the ArcaniA demo by using RadeonPro to force the Darksiders AA profile. You could try using the 0x00003301 flag which works for Darksiders on the Green Side to see if it works for NVIDIA cards. Not tried it myself though.

8. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    as a precautionary rule and good troubleshooting practice, i would always disable in game AA when forcing AA.

9. Straykatt

Straykatt Guest

GPU:
    3090 FE
    Excellent, got it.

Q? I see that you have the option to apply both "Antialiasing Transparency Supersampling" and "Antialaising - Transparency Multisampling" at the same time? This is new to me because in NVCP you can only select one at a time. So, for more sharpness with AA you should have both of them on? Example - AATSSS @ 8x Supersampling and AATSMS enabled?

Last Q? How do Behavior Flags work? In the "Antialiasing -Behavior Flags" section I have it currently set to "None." With "Antialiasing - Mode" set to Override any application setting.. So, when in game the AA that I have set will be applied, correct? I dont understand the purpose of this setting, there's so many to chose from in this drop down menu, can you please explain sir?

10. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    yes to first two questions: you can mix SS and MS transaparency, and your setting will be applied with the overide aplication setting.

as for Behavior flags, they simply indicate what options you have available in nvidia control panel. the most common example are games that in nvidia control panel only have application cotrolled and enhance settings for AA. meaning the overide AA is blocked by a behavior flag, in this case "Treat 'Override any application setting' as 'Application-controlled'". it just prevents you from forcing overide AA without using inspector.
    So none is the preferable setting for behavior flags, if you want acess to AA overide.

what the non descript behavior flags do i really don't know and I haven't seen them used in any profiles.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2011

11. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    added a note in the OP for SLI users to prevent a posible lighting issue in dead space 2 with AA overide.

more about the posible issue here

12. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    A bit later than expected but I tried Viva Pinata with the flag 0x00411245 instead of 0x0000F0C1 (supersampling) and it worked fine with 16QxAA giving me a stable 60 fps with v-sync and triple buffering enabled.

Here are some 1920x1200 screenshots (they are full-sized so I've linked to my webspace - click on the image to see it properly):

Picture 1

Picture 1

13. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    thx, will update it. Its always nice to have other choices besides supersampling :)

14. pincopallino

pincopallino Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX670 DC II
    something like this?

[​IMG]

this image corruption appears only with SSAA.

With MSAA there's a kind of ghosting effect instead, only with Shadows on High or Very high, but only in particular locations

For me the "new flag" is unusable, and the first one makes shadows disappear (as everybody know).

Other flags? :banana:

15. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood also works with the same 0x00411245 flag by the way:

Picture

It's possible that there are better alternatives but unless someone else wants to experiment then this one will do me fine.

I wouldn't be surprised if this setting also worked with S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl too since both Viva Pinata and that game previously used its AA flag.

16. Straykatt

Straykatt Guest

GPU:
    3090 FE
    I see, thanks for your knowledge man! :) so it gives better image quality to have AATRSS @ 8x supersampling and AATRMS @ Enabled at the same time, correct?

Boy does this software utalize your gfx cards! After 1 hr playing DS1 last night my card went up to 100 degrees with my OC. everything maxed with AO set to very high @ 16xAA. if I use any AA higher it bogs down on light reflections. Bottom line this software tool rocks!!

17. Elite Bushido™

Elite Bushido™ Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480 SLI
    need help with Mass Effect 2(steam ver.) added exe to UT3 profile and still nothing works...

18. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    mass effect 2 has a default AA overide flag perfectly picked by nvidia (unlike most u3 games) so not sure what your problem is. it also doesn't matter if its steam or not.

Code:
    Executable "masseffect2.exe"
        Setting ID_0x00d55f7d = 0x080100c5
    this is what im seeing in default drivers, and AA works with that flawlessly. i have both mass effects installed.

in theory yes. stacking different AA methods on top of each other leaves very little room for jaggies, however if it is applicable in every game, that I can't guarantee.

if you are getting 100 C on your GPU, i suggest that you use manual static fan overide during gaming. I would keep it around 80C during gaming. maybe a bit higher for the 400 series, but 100 is a bot too much.

i personally set my fans at 70% speed when playing new games. older games don't really need it.

19. Elite Bushido™

Elite Bushido™ Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480 SLI
    i see no change at all when i use it in the nvidia control panel and through inspector even with full maxed out AA i see just a little difference

20. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    pst a screenshot of your inspector profile for mass effect so we can see whats wrong.