ATI Catalyst 9.4 driver Download and Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Decane, Apr 8, 2009.

1. tommcd64

tommcd64 Master Guru

GPU:
    Quadfire 2 4870 X2's
    I had to manually install with windows 7 as well. I used the 303 one and it worked fine after that.

2. rogue221979

rogue221979 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3090 GTX
    It does work you just have to create a profile before you edit the xml file. Just create one, but dont modify it at all and. Aslong as you see a profile folder in users/yourname/local/ati/ace

Then you edit the profile.xml in the ace folder and restart. Then you can delete the profile and the cores will run at whatever you set them too default. Mine are 300 core and ram, temps at a nice 29c at idle.

Its a pain the ass of course but atleased you dont have to run a game everytime you fire up your computer, and can feel safe if someone else in your house is using your pc and your GPU isnt frying while they use microsoft word.

Again, manually edit the xml file dont even bother with the profile.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2009
  3. drouge

drouge Master Guru

GPU:
    2x HIS HD5970
    Same problem for me, Win7 x64 build 7077, 2 4870x2's. Manual install doesn't work with 9.4 with this setup. Please fill in your system specs under your avatar.

Are you using win7 x64 build 7077? And which driver did you choose, the digital signed driver or the authentication certificate driver?

4. tamzid

tamzid Master Guru

GPU:
    His iceq4 turbo 4850 512
    my temps are like 10` higher.... anyone else had the same issue????????????//

5. Aost

Aost New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 4830
    Just installed on two computers with the same GPU (4830)

Temps rose slightly on idle (2-4'C higher). Idle on one comp is 37-39'C, other 41-42'C.

Installed drivers only. Is there a setting in Catalyst Control Center that might lower them back?

6. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Im getting weird smoke effects in CODWAW with these drivers... at first I thought it was because I had not patched the game but I installed all patches right up to the new 1.4 patch and still I am getting weird smoke effects in the game, such as fire, and when shooting the shotguns instead of their being a blast at the end of the gun their is a large black circle that flashes... anyone else getting this or do I have to reinstall WAW? or revert back to the horrid 9.3 drivers.

7. PaulvH

PaulvH Member Guru

GPU:
    2x XFX HD5870 H²O-EK CF
    I can't even START CoD5-WaW. It crashes if I try to start it. It did work with 9.3. Going to try to re-install ... (have little hope of succes though, ... I have lost every bit of believe in ATI that they will EVER provide a bug-free driver for the X2.)
    (this is with Xp-32)
    <update>
    Ok, re-installing helped. I can run WaW again, but the smoke looks odd indeed.

8. madlax

madlax Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX GX-295N-HWFC
    Bad drivers for me. CCC wont start up in Windows 7 (running the latest 7077 RC Escrow build) and I wasnt able to overclock on RivaTuner 2.24 at all. Back to 9.3...

9. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    Too bad it won't fix the flickering when advanced shadows are set in dx10 options.

10. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Drivers seem good here, except for the crappy new overdrive that takes twice as long and has the same outcome for me (790/990). Though with my new rig in Windows 7 I did lose a few FPS on source, but gained a bit in FC2 compared to Vista (minium was 52, average 78, now the minimum is 58 and the average 80).

Oddly enough 9.4 on Vista the drivers aren't WHQL'd, but on Windows 7 they are. Very strange. I also had to use the device manager to install the new display drivers as the installer didn't even show them. :confused:

Running the same build you are, 7077 x64.

11. Sneakers

Sneakers Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    Thats a known problem though, was the same thing before they got dx9 tweaked out..same thing on Nvidia I'm told ( the wierd following of shadows that is :x )

Anyway I went back to 9.2.. 9.4 was a quite bad driver all in all.

12. p1rategx

p1rategx Member

GPU:
    ATI HD4850 512MB
  13. BattleStar

BattleStar Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus EAH4870 DK/HTDI/512
    I tried the new autotune in cat 9.4 and i almost fell of the chair when it suggested i should run my 4870 at 890/1190 (default is 750/900). I don't think it is possible to run with those high clocks so this is probably a bug.

14. BattleStar

BattleStar Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus EAH4870 DK/HTDI/512
    Did some testing and 810/1000 is stable. At 820 i get artifacts and at 840 it freezes when running 3dmark. So much for autotune.

15. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Ati's autotune has never been any good.

Use ATITool, it has a built in artifact tester that works very good. Let the cube spin for a couple of minutes to warm up the card and then hit 'scan for artifacts', 20 minutes of scanning is usually enough.

16. ForgedReality

ForgedReality Master Guru

GPU:
    HD4870x2OC + 9600GT PhysX
    I went back to 9.3. For whatever reason, 9.4 runs a little hotter, even at idle (after fixing the powerplay bug on reboot). It was causing issues with GRID, but I didn't test it with too much other stuff. I really just wish they'd ****ing fix the powerplay bug because it's a giant pain in the ass.

edit - rflair: I just tried ATITool and it doesn't seem to work for me. It loads up, and puts the icon in the systray, but I can't get a gui or even right-click menu to show up. It is doing something though, because it slows my system response way down, and when I look at the task manager, I see it's bogging down my third cpu core, which is ridiculous. I have to end-task it to get it to stfu. Here's what it looks like:
    [​IMG]

Dunno. Sorry for the off-topicness.

XP Pro SP3

Last edited: Apr 12, 2009
  17. MrBozack

MrBozack Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7850OC Windforce
    Windows 7 x64 7077 here.

Everything running nicely. No video problems, no graphics corruption. Performance is great.

If anyone want's a quick fix for World of Warcraft's shadows: Uninstall and install GW.exe

18. MetalFlake

MetalFlake Member

GPU:
    Asus HD4870 512mb
    Cant install 9.4 driver on win7 x64 7077 fresh install, only ccc installs? tried to install just driver alone but it didnt install.

19. dabooga

dabooga Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X
    so these arent compatible with AGP?!?!?!?!

20. El3ctro

El3ctro Active Member

GPU:
    SapphireHD4890@960\4675
    where are some moded drivers ?? are they wating for 9.5 ?? or what ??????