Little Big Planet - "Shadow of the LittleBigColossus" this game is amazing "fun"

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by boodikon, Sep 23, 2008.

1. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    click here for web site and videos ---> http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/09/23/parsons-students-create-shadow-of-the-littlebigcolossus/

"We're not a bunch of gamers here," a faculty member of the Parsons New School told the audience. "A project like this means much more to us than working with a new game. What we're interested in is collaboration, learning in new tools, in testing possibilities with environments and products we haven't worked with before. The experience we had with LittleBigPlanet this weekend is more than that."

Over the weekend, students from NYC's Parsons School worked for twenty four hours continuously with LittleBigPlanet. Their challenge? To create a level from scratch using early copies of the PS3-exclusive. With little or no background in the game, the students were able to create a wide assortment of hugely innovative and different levels.

There were a number of winners, across multiple categories. In fact, additional prizes were handed out by Sony due to the overwhelming number of great submissions. However, one level stood out as the single best level -- one created by Team Sportsmanship. We've lovingly dubbed the level "Shadow of the LittleBigColossus.

We were thoroughly amazed by all the finalists on display at Parsons last night. Getting our hands on "Shadow of the LittleBigColossus" left us absolutely awe-struck. Not only was the concept of the level truly outstanding, but the execution was spot-on. Yes, a little more playtesting could be done to make it not as challenging, but to know that such a massive moving level was created in the time of just 24 hours is an incredible achievement.

More impressive than the level itself is the process. The winning team, Team Sportsmanship, essentially became a mini games design studio, with various pipelines handling the different aspects of production. Many of the textures and objects you find in their level were created by hand, and then captured through the Eye camera. Being able to create and manipulate textures in such a way show the near-infinite possibilities that LBP can offer.

Although this level won Best of Jam (and the accompanying $1000 prize), it was far from the only noteworthy level on display. Each of the levels that made it to the awards ceremony showed incredible promise. One of our other favorites from the evening had to be the level created by Team Bloody Clowns. It appropriately won the award for "Most Fun." And why? Just watch this video to see:

click here for web site and videos ---> http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/09/23/parsons-students-create-shadow-of-the-littlebigcolossus/

2. Zeppo

Zeppo Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 560Ti / Sony 40-EX723
    This looks like one of the most fun games I've seen in ages. I can't wait to get a PS3.

3. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Matrix 285
    I have to admit, it is one of the few games that I really wish the 30 had that only the PS3 has.

But I am worried it will get boring. Garry's Mod is ingenious and fun, but it still gets boring.

4. genecrazy

genecrazy Guest

most games get boring after awhile..

but LBP will have endless content to keep it from being boring..at least, i hope so

5. cyberbloke

cyberbloke Member Guru

GPU:
    8800GT
    I've been playing with the beta for the last few days - this game really is amazing.
    If Sony market this right it will sell a ton of consoles for them.

6. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    Just found out that Little Big Planet is out on the stores..... I found this at my local Gameshop for sale....

[​IMG]

7. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    WHAT STORE & WHERE, i'm went to chinatown & they don't have it, i spent all day looking for that game but went home with not sackboy : (.

8. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    Well i live in Brooklyn so i found the game on 86th street and 5 ave.... thats near my area. Though the price is higher than a regular game also.....

9. MountainLynx

MountainLynx Guest

GPU:
    RX 570 8GB
    I saw it in a Future Shop (think Canadian Best Buy) last week, when my wife wanted to find a bag for her new laptop :p