Guru3D.com Forums

Guru3D.com Forums (http://forums.guru3d.com/index.php)
-   Videocards - NVIDIA Drivers Section (http://forums.guru3d.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   311.06 WHQL Windows Update (http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=375670)

pharma 03-07-2013 18:42

Excellent drivers - superb IQ and extremely smooth in games!

Much better than current offerings ....

ToyTen 03-07-2013 18:55

Thank you for this driver. Really efficient here.

Meanwhile on TR i get issues when hair tressFX combined with 4xSSAA. working fine on 2xSSAA and that hair tressFX.

Much less crashes tho, excellent set.

Sabbath 03-07-2013 19:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darren Hodgson (Post 4547119)
I'm going to give these a try tonight for Tomb Raider seeing as the patch has been withdrawn due to save game corruption. I wasn't going to but since I'm going to be mostly playing Tomb Raider then I guess it makes sense if it really is more stable with tessellation than the v314.14 betas. I always back up my profiles using the GeForce SLI Tool so I can easily reimport them after installing these older drivers.

I had already downloaded them last week but noticed that it is a CAB file. Do I just extract that like I would any other zipped archive?

Yes.

ToyTen 03-07-2013 19:31

yes.

andressergio 03-07-2013 20:02

Yeah very good ones but i have the feeling that tomb raider works with these cauz some function aint programmed...so maybe its the same as disabling tesselation with 314 ones...

Veteran 03-07-2013 21:50

Hmm i may give these a whirl, lots of good feedback!

Darren Hodgson 03-08-2013 00:15

Tomb Raider still freezes for me with these when using tessellation and TressFX hair so I reinstalled the v314.14 since there's no advantage for me in keeping these older drivers.

andressergio 03-08-2013 00:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darren Hodgson (Post 4547510)
Tomb Raider still freezes for me with these when using tessellation and TressFX hair so I reinstalled the v314.14 since there's no advantage for me in keeping these older drivers.

I had my cards heavy oced so i lower a bit and 3 days runing awesome at 1293 core with 311.06 with 314 no even at stock

Soundcreepy 03-08-2013 03:01

These run cooler for me, but since I don't play TR right now, and these drivers do not seem to like other games I play, went back to 314.14. Higher temps but greater frames in most things.

NyQuil 03-08-2013 06:21

I tried this as well as the 314.14 and it broke SLI for me. Only one GPU was working. No idea what's up with this. 314.07 at least uses both GPUs on my 690.

seaplane pilot 03-08-2013 16:32

I am going to try the 311.06s when I get off work. I am currently on the 314s and had to lower my overclock on my memory by 100MHz to be stable in BF3.

andressergio 03-08-2013 18:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by NyQuil (Post 4547693)
I tried this as well as the 314.14 and it broke SLI for me. Only one GPU was working. No idea what's up with this. 314.07 at least uses both GPUs on my 690.

that happened cauz u have to manually uninstall the other dirvers first

remove all restart let windows find and IF HE FINDS ANOTHER NVIDIA driver keep doing it till you receive VGA COMPATIBLE driver THERE you install new driver and will work perfect ;)

i went thru the same

Cheers and good luck
Sergio

andressergio 03-08-2013 18:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by seaplane pilot (Post 4548068)
I am going to try the 311.06s when I get off work. I am currently on the 314s and had to lower my overclock on my memory by 100MHz to be stable in BF3.

Remember to do as i say to the mate do a good removal of old drivers and the 311 wil shine ;)

andressergio 03-08-2013 18:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darren Hodgson (Post 4547510)
Tomb Raider still freezes for me with these when using tessellation and TressFX hair so I reinstalled the v314.14 since there's no advantage for me in keeping these older drivers.

Darren

did you try my method ? the one im talking in this page of good removal of drivers ? cauz i have NOT EVEN a crash with them

i tried and played for some hours

Tomb Raider (all TressFX Tess active)
Project Cars
Crysis 3 maxed out
BF3
MOH Warfighter
ARMA III alpha
Devil May Cry

and the list goes on and on

just remove all restart let win find driver till NO NVIDIA driver is found...then you install 311...

Cheers and good luck
Sergio

Kurg 03-08-2013 20:56

International Multilangual 311.06 WHQL drivers :
(extract them somewhere anywhere on your computer and use : setup)

XP x32 : (148 mo)
http://download.windowsupdate.com/ms...23c79995a0.cab

XP x64 : (188 mo)
http://download.windowsupdate.com/ms...0c71530bc4.cab

Vista/Win7/Win8 x32 : (172,91 mo)
http://download.windowsupdate.com/ms...a3bb8ef48f.cab

Vista/Win7/Win8 x64 : (227,80 mo)
http://download.windowsupdate.com/ms...0f1e94500a.cab

johnathonm 03-08-2013 21:21

Since I am pretty stupid can these be modded for mobility?

andressergio 03-08-2013 23:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurg (Post 4548305)
International Multilangual 311.06 WHQL drivers :
(extract them somewhere anywhere on your computer and use : setup)

XP x32 : (148 mo)
http://download.windowsupdate.com/ms...23c79995a0.cab

XP x64 : (188 mo)
http://download.windowsupdate.com/ms...0c71530bc4.cab

Vista/Win7/Win8 x32 : (172,91 mo)
http://download.windowsupdate.com/ms...a3bb8ef48f.cab

Vista/Win7/Win8 x64 : (227,80 mo)
http://download.windowsupdate.com/ms...0f1e94500a.cab

Thanks for posting mate :thumbup:

DaveKing 03-09-2013 11:18

Hi guys! I have a little problem. I have a mobility GT 650M so this driver doesn't appear in that catalog or in nvidia catalog of beta and WHQL drivers, so I can't install it. In nvidia site they jumped from 310.90 to 313.96 and then the last two releases of bad drivers that we know, which are bad for TR.
Can I install this 311.06 in any form or which one is better overall to Crysis3, TR and if possible FC3? It seems that this 311.06 are very good ones and would improve a lot this 3 games in one row.

Thanks people.:)

Flakman 03-09-2013 20:35

Formatted and installed the 314.07 WHQL drivers, still had random crashes with those. Saw the post here and installed these, I have to agree with you. These are great drivers, coupled with the new physics = flawless performance.

Thank you for posting this.

Flakman 03-09-2013 20:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveKing (Post 4548796)
Hi guys! I have a little problem. I have a mobility GT 650M so this driver doesn't appear in that catalog or in nvidia catalog of beta and WHQL drivers, so I can't install it. In nvidia site they jumped from 310.90 to 313.96 and then the last two releases of bad drivers that we know, which are bad for TR.
Can I install this 311.06 in any form or which one is better overall to Crysis3, TR and if possible FC3? It seems that this 311.06 are very good ones and would improve a lot this 3 games in one row.

Thanks people.:)

Try here; http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/drivers/2

-Tj- 03-09-2013 20:50

I didnt try these yet, but 311.35Q are very good set and they're from same branch as these, only newer + with nice crisp AF. :P

TombRaider plays ok, BF3 too, both smooth.

Flakman 03-09-2013 21:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by -Tj- (Post 4549155)
I didnt try these yet, but 311.35Q are very good set and they're from same branch as these, only newer + with nice crisp AF. :P

TombRaider plays ok, BF3 too, both smooth.

I may try these, but I dislike modding drivers. Though tuvm for the info.

I'm guessing my issues stem from the factory overclocked card I own. GTX 460 Super Clocked EE.

It looks like they tightened up the code too aggressivly with the 313.xx 314.xx. I could relax the factory overclock and increase the voltages a little I guess, but why?!

Hopefully the next set will be better.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:30.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright (c) 1995-2014, All Rights Reserved. The Guru of 3D, the Hardware Guru, and 3D Guru are trademarks owned by Hilbert Hagedoorn.