Guru3D.com Forums

Guru3D.com Forums (http://forums.guru3d.com/index.php)
-   Games, Gaming & Game-demos (http://forums.guru3d.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Call of Duty Black Ops 2? (http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=358858)

Stone Gargoyle 02-17-2012 19:09

Call of Duty Black Ops 2?

(RUMOUR)

Amazon FR had apparently listed a sequel to blops but have since removed it.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg690...jpg&res=medium

http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/121/1218989p1.html

Radical_53 02-18-2012 08:24

Sounds logical to me. The rumors have been floating around since the success of Black Ops. I must even admit that I'm very much looking forward. Loved the story part of the first BO and we're still playing mp now :)

blesner 02-18-2012 08:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radical_53 (Post 4248542)
Sounds logical to me. The rumors have been floating around since the success of Black Ops. I must even admit that I'm very much looking forward. Loved the story part of the first BO and we're still playing mp now :)

Story was fcking stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It had one of those fight club twists but for 8 year olds! I knew what was going on long before the reveal.

Radical_53 02-18-2012 08:57

So? It was very well made. It isn't that hard to know how an action movie and/or shooter game ends, it's how you get there.
For my taste the MW storyline got more and more exaggeration whilst other games' campaigns are plain boring (or start to get interesting right before they end, e.g. MoH or BF3). BO and WaW were just about right for me, also kept me entertained for around 20 hours. It was much harder than MW3 or BF3 on their highest settings and the hidden "secrets" actually gave you some background information, I thought that was kinda neat.

kanej2007 02-18-2012 11:09

I do hope there's a release for Black Ops 2, I quite enjoyed the first...

Sv0r 02-18-2012 16:20

Please don't. COD franchise die already!

Either use next-gen engine or gtfo :P

bobdude 02-18-2012 16:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sv0r (Post 4248735)

no i want focus on gameplay not graphics who gives a crap

Sv0r 02-18-2012 16:25

So you want ****ty gfx and on top of that same old ****ty game play? :biggun:

Radical_53 02-18-2012 16:43

Graphics are absolutely fine and gameplay has always been top-notch, at least the Treyarch package (and MW1 :) ).
They'll have a new engine for sure when the next Xbox comes out. Until then a tweakable, stable engine with ranked dedicated servers is absolutely fine.
It's the gameplay that counts and they definitely got that right. MW3 lacks some decent-sized maps but BO is a great title.

Agent-A01 02-18-2012 16:47

I love zombies

Sv0r 02-18-2012 16:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radical_53 (Post 4248754)
Graphics are absolutely fine and gameplay has always been top-notch, at least the Treyarch package (and MW1 :) ).
They'll have a new engine for sure when the next Xbox comes out. Until then a tweakable, stable engine with ranked dedicated servers is absolutely fine.
It's the gameplay that counts and they definitely got that right. MW3 lacks some decent-sized maps but BO is a great title.

hehe yes to a COD fanboy like you :P

Radical_53 02-18-2012 17:36

Well, of course one needs to like this type of game to enjoy it. I've played every part of the series, single- and multiplayer, so I guess that makes me a fan of the series.
Graphics could be a little less cartoony but at least there's no blue tint and it doesn't have flashlights or laser beams everywhere :D

LogiTekkers 02-18-2012 17:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent-A01 (Post 4248758)
I love zombies

Zombies is awesome!!! They should release a full game of zombies. They could do so much with it! :)

Mikedogg 02-18-2012 18:03

I'll admit it. Black ops was the only COD after COD 2 I really enjoyed.

-The story was twisted but came together in the end.
-The GFX were quite good, really. And for a port, and after a few patches the game ran really well.

Bring on Number 2.

DireBadger 02-18-2012 20:23

Quote:

Sure but it's a modified Quake 3 engine, it's time for a new one.

Sv0r 02-18-2012 20:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radical_53 (Post 4248794)
Well, of course one needs to like this type of game to enjoy it. I've played every part of the series, single- and multiplayer, so I guess that makes me a fan of the series.
Graphics could be a little less cartoony but at least there's no blue tint and it doesn't have flashlights or laser beams everywhere :D

a bit offtopic but you will know it for sure,

there is a COD MW3 mp steam weekend, does console work? i enabled something but it doesnt stick

im mostly interested in

com_maxfps 120
maxpackets 90
cg_fov 78

edit: nvm the game sucks so bad lol:roll:

what were they thinking when designing spawn points.. its nothing but spawn rape, lol not worth even 5$

__hollywood|meo 02-18-2012 21:39

i hate activision and havent bought mw3 but if black ops 2 comes out, im definitely buying it. single and multi were great. yes, im a rusher/twitch shooter. dealwithit.jpg

Corrupt^ 02-19-2012 02:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by __hollywood|meo (Post 4248965)
yes, im a rusher/twitch shooter. dealwithit.jpg

Go play CS(S) then, also quite twitchy but alot more skillfull.

__hollywood|meo 02-19-2012 04:04

i do

Gaizokubanou 02-19-2012 04:16

Quote:

Wait, what ranked dedicated servers? I thought dedicated servers were not ranked.

Aura89 02-19-2012 04:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sv0r (Post 4248735)

I agree, either COD franchise needs to die, or they need to bring something new to the table, having the same game every year since 2007, which each one has less desirable features then COD4, is getting out of hand and ridiculous

And honestly, the only thing i can think of, is a brand new, built from scratch, engine

Quote:

Your statement would be all fine and dandy, only problem is, we're being fed the same crap every year and being charged an enormous regurgitated price for it

COD4 was the best, why? Dedicated servers, custom maps, mods, tweaks, small mods (server side) etc. etc. etc., without all of that, SOMETHING else has to change, and since Activision has no interest in letting the PC platform be able to mod and make custom maps, an engine change not dependent on the next gen consoles is what is required

What activision is doing with the COD franchise is like a car company releasing a brand new vehicle every single year with nothing new but a new paint job and touting it as if it's biggest thing to be released since ever and expecting everyone to go buy the current years model even if they already have the model from 4 years ago with a different paint job

GhostXL 02-19-2012 05:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sv0r (Post 4248741)
So you want ****ty gfx and on top of that same old ****ty game play? :biggun:

Black Ops has considerably better visuals, aka graphics, than MW2 or MW3. Try maxing out Black Ops once, use SuperSampling AA, I looks very nice.

It has better maps, textures, and sound as well.

Lets face it the only good MW was CoD4 MW1.

For a lot of people, especially on PC, Black Ops was the best since MW1.

Agent-A01 02-19-2012 05:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhostXL (Post 4249142)
Black Ops has considerably better visuals, aka graphics, than MW2 or MW3. Try maxing out Black Ops once, use SuperSampling AA, I looks very nice.

It has better maps, textures, and sound as well.

Lets face it the only good MW was CoD4 MW1.

For a lot of people, especially on PC, Black Ops was the best since MW1.

i agree 100%

PR-0927 02-19-2012 06:33

Quote:

I could not disagree more with everything you've stated.

Personally, I've not really enjoyed any CoD game (aside from the first level of the Russian campaign in CoD:FH when I was still playing console nonsense on the original Xbox as a kid with poor-taste). The gameplay is pure garbage, IMO, and the graphics are AWFUL. And the continual shafting of PC-gaming strengthens my resolve to not buy Activision crap.

Best thing ever would be if the entire franchise imploded and Activision died.

Sadly not going to happen, however.

- PR-0927

UnrealGaming 02-19-2012 07:54

Nothing to say that hasn't been said already. CoD needs to evolve or die.