how tall are ye?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Food, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Food

Food Banned

GPU:
    MSI 8800GTX 768MB
    I'm curious what is the height of fellow gurus around here :)

we've seen the pix and read about the things you like and hate the most, but i'm curious what is your height and it affects you or your relationship with people and so on.
    for example Tom Cruise is 1.72cm tall (5'7.5) and he suffers from height complex (no wonder, his ex-wife Nicole Kidman was 1.79cm barefoot).

do you actually think height matters at all?

so please list your height and a small thought.

i'll start myself : i'm 1.86cm which should be 6'1 if i'm not wrong. :smoke:

2. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    im around the same :) my little brother is like 192cm :p dunno first i cared but not anymore :D

3. nutyo

nutyo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD5870
    I'm 176cm so I just outdo Tom. Also I am sane.

4. Food

Food Banned

GPU:
    MSI 8800GTX 768MB
    hehe :) cool, i agree he is insane lol not sure if you saw when he went to Oprah and started jumping on the couch like a monkey, they even made a spoof in Scary Movie 4 about that :D

Bruce Lee was just 171cm next to Kareem Abdul Jabbar 218cm, but Bruce Lee was a legend with no height complex and would murder that guy since he got easy access to his boxers lol :D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 26, 2007

5. Diorama

Diorama Master Guru

GPU:
    OcUK 7900 GS 512MB
    I'm 189 which is about 6 ft 2, not sure about the meters though but I know I'm 6 ft 2 :)

Yeah height matters, it's not easy sitting on a bus and I'm only 6 ft 2, your legs get murdered and you have to sit squint meaning you take up 2 seats, I can only sit at the front or back and in Scotland the back is hogged by the junkies or neds and the front is for the kids so I have to suffer the pain, it's embarassing too :(

6. PuddingWagon

PuddingWagon Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670
    I'm bout 185cm, last time I checked a few months ago. I don't reckon height matters all that much, but it is better if people around me aren't round 150-160cm because talking to them can be a bit weird.

7. biglonglenthman

biglonglenthman Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Extreme 8800GTX 621/2160
    Im about 6ft 4, so as puddingWagon said it can be hard to talk to people that are 140~160, and i wouldnt say it affects relationships but it can be a bit wierd if your girlfriend isnt exactly tall :p

8. Jeremy

Jeremy Guest

GPU:
    -
    I am about 186cm.

9. Food

Food Banned

GPU:
    MSI 8800GTX 768MB
    lol tell me about it!
    all my previous girlfriends (about 4) were no taller than 162cm and going to the swimming pool was an extremely strange sensation, usually they had heels when with me which made them fine, but i mean in swimming pool you're barefooted so having a midget next to you was weird indeed :p
    luckily my wife is 174 which is pretty good especially with heels she can be just 2-3cm shorter than me :)

10. biglonglenthman

GPU:
    Well least your good :p there aint really that many tall girls really....shame for us tall people :(

11. Food

Food Banned

GPU:
    MSI 8800GTX 768MB
    aye :) i noticed you're british like me... normally in the UK girls average is 168cm if im not wrong and male average is 175cm and that would be fine, however i did notice these stats go out of the window and in the street i rarely stumbled on a girl wearing some sport shoes looking taller than 162-165cm, so they go around wearing these heels and stuff giving the illusion of being taller..... get intimate and you discover ye got yourself a midget. :D MINI-ME springs to mind.

sure it doesn't matter in personal relationship but you are right, it can get funny.

12. heads_up

heads_up Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5770 1GB
    Just over 6"1 and I'm only 15, beat that :p

13. Food

Food Banned

GPU:
    MSI 8800GTX 768MB
    not surprised ;) newer generation end up being taller than previous ones, at yer age 15 i was barely 170cm, had a growth spurt at 16-17 ended up 183 and got my last 3cm at age 20. eating well and doing some sport (not weightlifting) can help you achieve your max height while you're still growing.

14. Preachergeek

Preachergeek Guest

GPU:
    MSI 8800gtx @ 655/950
    Hi everyone. Anyone else noticed how only the tall gurus are posting. :p

Anyways i'm 6ft 2, don't know how tall that is in cms. I think i'm as tall as i will ever be and tbh i like my height alot but wouldn't want to be much taller.

15. senior98

senior98 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    xfx 8800GT 512mb

6'3 and I'm only 16 :p

16. bcoupland

bcoupland Master Guru

GPU:
    9300 onboard
    6'1" = 6x0.254 +0.254 METRES

my fiance is 5' tall. doesn't bother me at all.
    i have problems on buses too, hence i avoid public transport.

17. Valuga

Valuga Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD/ATi Radon HD4870
    i'm around 190 meters... +- 3cm

18. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Last time I checked I was 178cm.

19. Food

Food Banned

GPU:
    MSI 8800GTX 768MB
    not really hehe since Nutyo said he is 176cm which is average height :) short for men is 170cm and below, anything over 170cm for men is average 2 tall depending on yer country. if you're Chinese and 175cm then you are tall in your country but average everywhere else. depends. hehe
    go to Netherland and you'll find average is 182cm there lol 1 out of 2 guys there are over 180cm.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2007
  20. biglonglenthman

GPU:
    It doesnt matter no, but it can be funny when those heels come off :p

And yes ive noticed only the tall guru's are posting :p
    We should start some sort of club, the over 6ft's lmao :)