MS Windows 8/RT discussion Topic

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by Mr.Bigtime, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Well, there is a conversation is going on in W8 threat. If it is okay, lets continue in here.

Some members already talked m

Im happy with my Lenovo Yoga 11" tablet-Laptop. It is RT windows. It wont run exe files. But still flexible than my ipad or android tablet interms of usability. Easy to use, surfing is fast and multi tasking capability is just like windows.

Anyway, i dont need to run games on it ninhave devices for that. But i would like to run some exe programs to benefit. Such as logmein remote computer program or security camera dvr program which uses activex browser method too but unfortunately windows8 ie wont run activex :(

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  2. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
  3. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Lol. Nobody cares about windows tablets. I'm a sad person =(

4. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    My android tablet doesn't do multi-tasking....lol. It's a Craig 7" tablet with Android 2.2 and a 700mhz ARM9 processor and 256mb ram. My android phone works just fine once TouchWiz is replaced by something that actually works.....such as Nemus launcher.

5. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Again, sykozis, i'm not really talking about Windows 8 RT when i'm talking about Android not coming close to being as capable. I'm talking about Surface Pro, or any tablet that's running the full-fledged Windows 8.... which technically could run any game you'd play on your PC, not just "cheesy games". Surface Pro uses an Intel Core i5 processor with an Intel HD Graphics 4000 chipset, and has 4GB of dual channel memory... double that of the standard Surface tablet running on Tegra 3. It has a full-size USB 3.0 port, which yes, you can use a USB OTG adapter for tablets and other android phones to use some stuff, but i'm pretty sure there are still things that they wouldn't support over USB that Windows obviously would. It also has a DisplayPort connection so you could connect it to a secondary monitor, which again you could do with android devices, but it doesn't really increase productivity on those... generally just mirror's the screen. And i wouldn't be surprised if we see a Port Replicator come out for the Surface Pro to allow you to connect a whole lot more to it, as they have for laptops and such.

6. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    So....spend $899 for the Surface Pro. Spend about $100-150 for it's keyboard/cover. Then buy a mouse...... At that point, might as well buy an Ultrabook. You can get a decent 10" Android tablet for $350....that on purely tablet features/function, is just as capable as ANY Surface tablet. If you want a laptop....buy a laptop. If you want a tablet, buy a tablet. Why buy a confused device trying to do both?

7. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    It's a laptop with a detachable screen & optional keyboard and not a tablet.

8. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    MS advertises it as the Surface tablet and Surface Pro tablet.....

9. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    They can call it Lindt licensed dark chocolate tablets all I care.

10. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i dont know if Surface is same as My Lenovo Yoga 11"..will heck it out..price tag and hardware.

here is Surface/PRO

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And Surface Rivals

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Microsoft-Surface-RT_id7181/rivals

by the way my Yoga comes with HDMI output too..not bad.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013

11. Lycronis

Lycronis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1
    Because from what I've seen the Surface Pro isn't confused at all. It can do both. Granted, the price is a bit high but that's normal considering it's a new product. Also, why would you need to buy a mouse? With touch screen and track pads on either of the keyboards I really don't see the reason for needing a mouse. Not to mention you can just use any mouse you may already have.

12. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    "Here's why Surface Pro is less portable than an Ultrabook"

http://www.zdnet.com/heres-why-surface-pro-is-less-portable-than-an-ultrabook-7000009890/

13. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    I'm sorry, but i basically ignored whatever that guy said once he pointed out the footprint of the device. Unless you have an ultrabook with a touchscreen that is able to be rotated and folded down so that it acts as a tablet, your ultrabook is really only usable when sitting down or with a high table. Using a laptop while walking around makes you look like a moron. It can be a tablet... and it can be a laptop.... all depends on the situation. If i had a Surface/Surface Pro tablet, and was using it while in the living room with it on my lap, i certainly wouldn't think to myself "Why don't i use this like a laptop!". I would use it like a standard laptop. Also, what they apparently didn't notice, which is something that i found out watching a video review of the standard Surface tablet shortly after it came out, is that you can fold whichever keyboard attachment you get for it back so it goes under the Surface's stand, so it will stay standing if on your lap, without having to worry about the "center of gravity" wanting to drag it off your lap, and upon doing so, the input for the keyboard is automatically disabled, so you don't wind up typing with your knees.

14. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    The only negative point so far for my RT device is, I can't install chrome browser. That is sad for me :(

15. ibitato

ibitato Guest

http://www.chromestory.com/2012/11/google-chrome-for-windows-rt-no-not-yet/

it looks that it wont happen, well see in the future
    eventually they will release one
    i just found the google+ app for windows RT
    it's just a matter of thime, they compile Chrome for ARM/W8

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2013

16. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Interestingly IE works good. But I love to access my other devices browser tabs from chrome.

17. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    Here's why the writer of this article is a ****ing idiot.

YOU IGNORED THE ****ING TABLET MODE ON A TABLET/LAPTOP COMBO YOU IDIOT.

Anyone linking it is almost as dumb as the writer.

Hey guys, today I'm going to show you, while ignoring half it's features, why the H100 Corsair cooler has such a terrible design. Now, I'm going to ignore its use for water cooling processors, and instead I'm going to use it as a paperweight. Why? Because the H100 is not a good water cooler and if you wanted to watercool something you would have bought something custom anyway.

What I said, when compared directly, isn't even ridiculous, it's exactly what he said, just applied to a tablet.

18. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Unbelievable! Ultra Facepalm.

what about Surface as TABLET?

and other articles

http://www.zdnet.com/meet-the-team/us/matt-baxter-reynolds/

really?

and this person get paid for these .

facepalm*

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  19. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    insulting me does not make your opinion any more valid, it just makes you childish.

20. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    I also want to point out that i was facepalmingnthe lack of tablet mode pointing. Not you bro. I love u all. Lol.