DayZ

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by korn666, May 16, 2012.

1. korn666

korn666 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 295
  2. MarkyG

MarkyG Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070Ti
    Yeah, i'm in the process of re-installing my Arma2 + OA expansion. Can't wait to try this out. Us Guru3D peeps should hop in one day. :)

3. The Michael

The Michael Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    Heard and seen a lot of it.
    Sadly i dont own ARMA2, but the mod seems quite interesting!

I plan on getting ARMA3 after release, i really hope that mod will be remade or continued for it.

4. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Marek (BIS official) says DayZ will be included into the ArmA2 patches and they're planning something similar for ArmA3, but not on release day. I'd say chances are good we'll have DayZ for ArmA3 in 1,5 years.

ArmA2: CO is quite cheap and can be played without DVD in drive after patching. Although maybe DayZ shouldnt be the reason one gets ArmA, i hear all the Zombie servers are bursting with ppl wanna have a go at this social experiment - cause thats what it is. It's not a fun mission, its a 'no-rules-survival-horror' experience and ppl will scream at their monitors. :D

5. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
  6. Deathspank

Deathspank Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX570 1280mb
    i'm playing this at the moment, its not as great as it sounds. firstly you on get a pistol (which is usless if you on your own with loads of them coming at you). then theres no map, so you dont even know where your going and lastly ive been in servers with 50 peps and i have still never found anyone lol. its very lonely on your own.

imo to make it better all you need is a better starting gun and a map or just somewhere to head to. i suppose its still in alpha so they may change some stuff.

7. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    That's the whole point of it. It's not survival if you get good stuff in the beginning. The whole point of the mod is to be "anti-game" as the mod author said ;)

8. The Michael

The Michael Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    I love you.
    No seriously, that's great news!

You've just defined the word "survival". ;)

9. MarkyG

MarkyG Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070Ti
    Holy crap this is terrifying! Just jumped on a 50 slot server. Could hear my fellow newbies firing off their precious ammo on zombies. The feeling of openness, dread, loneliness and atmosphere is superb. This is when the sun is shining too, god knows how scared I'll be when it's pitch black (yes, I scare easy!). Now to wrestle with the rest of these key binds....

10. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    For all you survivors, here is a huge map of the area: http://www.arma2base.de/content/images/southzagoria.jpg

Try to get on a high place and recognize any coastlines or other things sticking out. When going to a village stay near the road so you can read the name of the village sign.

Easier said than done, but this is survival after all.

11. kareldsouza

kareldsouza Guest

GPU:
    Model
    Thanx for sharing the link. I have watch this site. Really It is a great site....i have played so many game.

12. Deathspank

Deathspank Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX570 1280mb
    i was just saying when your on your own is all. when theres a group of people its a peace of piss.

anyway had a better play last night, kill 10 zombies in the first 3 miles. found a power station and thought if i follow the pilons it should lead me to a big city but the server crash in the process.

is there much loot in the citys? all i want is a better gun with ammo. all ive found so far is a can of pop on a zombie i killed lol.

13. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Cities have a ****ton of loot, but also a ****ton of zombies. You're better off sneaking into barns first. They tend to have shotguns in them and shotgun ammo is the most common ammo there is.

14. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    I just heard about this day and it sounds really cool. Something a little different.

Is it true that you can play this mod with just the arma demo and expansion pack?

15. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080

16. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    Will Amazon download activate on steam?

17. MarkyG

MarkyG Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070Ti
    Doubt it, unless it specifies it's a Steam CD key. I got Operation Arrowhead on Gamer's Gate and it only works on the actual game installer, not a Steam key.

18. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    Heck with it.

Just bought Combined Ops & Private Military Company DLC, so I would have better texture models.

Downloading now

This actually looks like a STALKER type atmosphere to me.

19. GiNaJuIcE

GiNaJuIcE Master Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 1080 AMP
    this mod is pretty fun. Haven't come across a single bad player yet. All have been very helpful and played as a team. But dang... can't see anything at night and if you use any sort of light you will be chased for a very long time without being able to see. Great mod!

20. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I've been watching the PCGamer magazine ustream of this mod and it looks amazing. The "who do you trust?" player dynamic is really interesting and mirror how I imagine a real-life scenario would play out.