Max Payne 3 System Requirements

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by pokerapar88, Apr 23, 2012.

1. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    I know it has been posted in the max payne 3 thread but this is a thread for system requiements/performance exclusive.

So, Max payne 3 system requirements were disclosed... here they go (quoted from user Prag):

Hahaha, so yes... it is NOT a port as you know, PC version was developed separately from the xbox/ps3 one.
    How do you think it will run ?

2. HamsterCrispy

HamsterCrispy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 650 Ti SSC
    Theres a HUGE gap between the minimum specs and the recommended specs

So I'm guessing anything between those ranges runs the game, but at the minimum the game might run like crap.. but then again its running on Dx9 so..

3. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    those are not the recommended specs, thats the newest known working cpus/gpus.

4. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Yeah, as per above it never mentions that is recommended specs, just that it can support that hardware, and has been optimised for many different PC setups.

It does suggest the game can make use of 6 cores, and up to 3gb Vram though.

I expected it to make use good use of CPU's though due to the very physics heavy engine, but i would like to see DX11 used for performance as well as things like tessellation, don't want another Batman AC situation were there is a huge difference in performance between the two api's.

5. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    So IB won't be supported ? xD

I dunno if those are recommended system settings or not as Rockstar wasn't very specific on the disclosure. This is all we got now.
    Having CF, I hope AMD releases a profile soon enough :)

6. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    There's a huge difference in performance because, like always, development for the PC version of those console games is AWFUL.
    This case is different as there are 2 different versions :) there are no ports !
    I wish they ported Red Dead Redemption though... such a nice looking game :)

Edit: And by the way, I did my best effort to try and notice if there was a visual difference between DX9 and DX11 versions of Batman AC on the PC and I couldn't even notice it... but the stuttering and the performance was so... ugly

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  7. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    How can you not notice the visual difference between DX9 and DX11? In DX11 there is slush on the ground in AC, in DX9 there isn't. In DX11, trees have rougher more realistic bark, in DX9 their bark is much smoother. In DX11, the shadows are contact hardening soft shadows with no pixellated edges, in DX9 the shadows have uniform penumbra and have pixellated edges.

Lots of surfaces are tessellated in Batman AC DX11, including walls, doors, floors, buildings, statues, plants etc...

8. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    unreleased so they can't exactly know and add it to the list, although it will work fine of course
    they're not, I already told you that

9. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    Did you?

10. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    i got the system requirements covered pretty much lol

Operating System:

Windows 7 32/64 Service Pack 1 - Check

Processor:
    Intel Dual Core 2.4 GHZ - i7 3930K 6 Core x 3.06 GHZ

CHECK, quad core 3.4ghz + 8 threads (hyperthreading).

RAM:
    2GB - 16GB

CHECK, 16GB.

Video Card:
    NVIDIA® 8600 GT 512MB VRAM – NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 680 2GB VRAM / Radeon HD 3400 512MB VRAM - Radeon HD 7970 3GB VRAM

CHECK, GTX 680.

Sound Card:
    100% Direct X 9.0 compatible – Direct X 9.0 compatible supporting Dolby Digital Live

CHECK

HDD Space:
    35 GB

CHECK.

so yep, CHECK-MATE. :D

11. cold2010

cold2010 Member Guru

GPU:
    HD 4870
    :grin:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  12. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
  13. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    Has anyone noticed that it needs 35GB of free space? wtf!?

14. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    35 GBs damn! Anyone with an SSD will not be amused if they're planning to buy this game.

2-16 GB of RAM? Why the massive range?

15. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Its as if they looked at the highest specs and just posted them, hence the 16GB. Does this mean the game will use up to say, 14GB of RAM - doubt it! What if you have 4x8gb modules, does that mean you're stuffed? lol

16. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    these recommendations are weird, never seen anything like this, from the looks the game seem very normal graphically, hope the textures will be good, and the storytelling, that's what made max payne a great game.

17. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Textures look great according to some screenshots, but average according to others, but that is normal for every game.

Game should be pretty well supported, Nvidia have had a profile for a year now, and AMD for 9 months, Rockstar have clearly been working with both vendors which makes a nice change.

18. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Yes.

19. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
  20. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti Classified :D
    we don't get any surprise because it's toooo later and we remember Age Of Conan (2007) has 20GB. lol Due to the lack of Blu-Ray for gaming. :confused: :(

@guys:
    NOTICE: The videocards minimum requirements are stupid but requirements corrected with the hardware ranges (CPU, videocard...) included.