Guild Wars 2 - Lost disc and key

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Anfield82, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Anfield82

Anfield82 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 7970
    Hi guys,

So I want to play gw2 again but I've lost both the disc and my serial key.

I'm currently in the process of gaining access to my login details as I chose a really complicated password that I can no longer remember. Safe to say I'm having a bit of a nightmare.

Rather than download the client which I assume is a large size could I buy a used disc to install the game and then login with my details?

2. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    The game client is the same whether you install of a disc or download it, so that shouldn't be a problem. Since the disc is likely to not have all the updates on it you will need to download a few GB of content on top of the disc installation anyways. You can reset your password if you remember what email you used to sign up originally.

3. Anfield82

Anfield82 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 7970
    Thanks for the info.

I've tried to reset my password on the gw2 site but it requires my serial key.

4. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW

5. Anfield82

Anfield82 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 7970
    I can't remember my password though. First time this has happened to me as I had to set an overly complicated password.

6. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    hmm. when did ANET start doing that? It wasn't like that a couple months ago when I last changed my password.

7. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Time to start using Lastpass

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    dunno tbh, I am using one of my normal passwords on gw2. thinking about it, it should not be that difficult to reset a gw2 password.

isn't all you need your email address and your account login name? maybe a security question?

9. Anfield82

Anfield82 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 7970
    My only hope now is to contact support but the page doesn't load on my phone or tablet.

Building a new PC at the moment so once that's up and running I'll try and get back on.

What's the game like now? I played over 400 hours but haven't been on since last year. Completely ran out of fun things to do.