Hi I have a AceEventLog issue 1000 logs in event viewer daily 10.8CCC.

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by savannahmick, Sep 11, 2010.

1. savannahmick

savannahmick Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI OC GTX1060
    It seems I have some kind of server/access problem not sure anyway here is one of the logs I recieve constantly and I can't send email to AMD similar error in IE8 something like server xml document saver unsafe request hell I don't know. I also have underscan issue after reboot and any help with AceEventLog would be great.THANKS! Log Name: ACEEventLog
    Source: ACEEventLogSource
    Date: 9/11/2010 6:55:14 AM
    Event ID: 0
    Task Category: None
    Level: Information
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: SavannahMick-PC
    Description:
    0000000056: 2010-09-11 06:55:14:971 Exception <Saving Xml Document>: Access to the path 'C:\ProgramData\ATI\ACE\Profiles.xml' is denied.
    Exception Called by: ATI.ACE.APM.Server.XmlDocumentSaver::SaverWorker processID:02076 threadID:( ) domainName:(CCC.exe ) assemblyName:(APM.Server, Version=2.0.3867.36565, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=90ba9c70f846762e)
    ************************************************************************************************************************

Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="ACEEventLogSource" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">0</EventID>
    <Level>4</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2010-09-11T10:55:14.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>9522</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>ACEEventLog</Channel>
    <Computer>SavannahMick-PC</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data>0000000056: 2010-09-11 06:55:14:971 Exception &lt;Saving Xml Document&gt;: Access to the path 'C:\ProgramData\ATI\ACE\Profiles.xml' is denied.
    Exception Called by: ATI.ACE.APM.Server.XmlDocumentSaver::SaverWorker processID:02076 threadID:( ) domainName:(CCC.exe ) assemblyName:(APM.Server, Version=2.0.3867.36565, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=90ba9c70f846762e)
    ************************************************************************************************************************
    </Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

2. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    did you try and make ownership of that folder?

Tools >folder options> show hidden folders

and navigate to that Ati folder and take ownership rights like so

>right-click on the folder/icon > properties > security tab > advanced > permissions tab - change permissions > add > advanced > click on object types tab and click on users (it will add users to main search tab) > now click find now > and below add your name or administrators > now hit ok , ok, ok ,ok.

And see if it works now :nerd:, it worked here when i had some problems with nvidia driver and missing profiles.

3. savannahmick

savannahmick Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI OC GTX1060
    Hi thanks for reply a little confused one more question.

I have two listings in permissions one is adminstrators/me and users/me anyway should both of those need full permissions the adminstrator already has full permission but user only read and execute and I only have one user profile and it is the adminstrator is it normal to have two listings admin and user. What is the creator/owner is it the actual CCC maker. Sorry don't have alot of permissions exp. THANKS for help!

4. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    hm, you might have to delete that user(read, execute) from the main file that's causing it.. or try to add it in that group of users, like i said earlier.. or delete it from the main group, found at the picture below.

i saw that user in pnkbstrA (B) but it says it inherits the rights from the main user, so it can't be deleted.. kinda odd, i found that i can delete this user but dunno i can't restore it later once deleted.. maybe if i used system restore point first, but i didnt try that yet..

[​IMG]

btw do you have UAC disabled?

5. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    That's the CCC service IIRC, to start CCC with windows, just like the nvsvc for nvidia.

Just disable the service (or set it to manual), problem solved..

Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
  6. savannahmick

savannahmick Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI OC GTX1060
    So disabling this service will stop the constant AceEvent logging?

What is this for anyway what purpose does the Ace process/service do is it just a debugging service or what , because I would really like to get the communication problem fixed. It's strange that I get a error when I submit a email to AMD support from there website some kind of xml server document request deined or something similar to the AceEvent log. But I have had a CAPI2 error 11 consentexe. timestamp issue also for a long time and I was told that could cause user account issues. Maybe I should restore to factory!

7. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Did you try doing a chkdsk already at the CMD prompt?

"Access to the path 'C:\ProgramData\ATI\ACE\Profiles.xml' is denied."
    Also did you try placing the Profiles.xml in the trash bin and let CCC create a new one when you open it?

8. savannahmick

savannahmick Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI OC GTX1060
    Yes I ran chkdsk but I will give the other a try. I think I have a permissions issue because when I try to look at program data after enabling hidden folders/files I get the access denied also and I am the admin and logged on as admin. as well. UAC problem maybe? Thanks for help/info!

9. Atlas

Atlas Maha Guru

GPU:
    290 x2, Saphire reference
    You should give 'System' full control on 'ProgramData' also. At least, that's what my security settings on that folder return.