Windows 8 is eating My Bandwidth :(

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by xtremegamer, Nov 2, 2012.

1. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

Hi...

I have Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 installed, when i check Network Activity on Kaspersky Network Monitor it shows "svchost.exe" is connecting and Receiving or sending data continuously it now received around 100mb of data, and even Windows explorer is also connecting to network never had this prblm on Windows 7, i have closed all Metro apps Live Tiles, and even tried disabling windows Updates, My Internet Usage is Limited so tat's why....

[​IMG]

2. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

It's probably the updating of the Metro apps which occur even if you aren't using them. Yes it sucks, but that is Windows 8 for you. It will eventually stop when the current round of updates has finished, that is, until the apps are updated again.

Window apps are very download inefficient and space inefficient on the computer, another reason why I hope their stupidity regarding Windows 8 leads to a fail, because the worst thing for the consumers is to have it be successful. I'm not saying the whole thing is all bad, it's just the way it is was planned out, and the typical PC user is the big loser.

3. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

@thatguy91

is there any problems if i uninstall Metro Apps, so that way i can limit My Network Usage, Performance is better on Win 8, i mean Apps Installing,Copying,Booting,Low Memory Usage,low power and Fast Response.....:)

4. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest