7970m Black screen crashes

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by alenghil, Jun 14, 2012.

1. alenghil

alenghil Guest

GPU:
    8 GB
    I am having a lot of issues with the 7970m, I get a black screen crash on almost every game but I don't crash on fumark or OCCT, or unigine heaven.

I have solved this issue by underclocking the core to 800 mhz, the max temp of the GPU is 76º on fumark.

Is this a defective card or the problems are caused by inmature drivers? I want to know what people think before asking my technical service for a replace.

2. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    What drivers are u using? Seems there's a few people with 7xxx cards having this problem...

3. alenghil

alenghil Guest

GPU:
    8 GB
    Right now I am using 12.5 because I have read that they are the best right now. But I have tried all of them.

4. Tieumuoi

Tieumuoi Guest

GPU:
    XfX hd
    Replace card could be lucky game !! Try some more drivers make you feel stronger, more confident about what you owned.
    Test, test, test until you are out of energy then replace new card.

5. Rubysoul

Rubysoul Active Member

GPU:
    ATI 7970M
  6. popeye

popeye Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GT 730M
    To be honest your specs look like you're cutting edge for laptop hardware. I have to go with immature drivers in your case. I also don't think AMD gives the same priority to laptop GPUs as they do discrete desktop cards.
    My 2 cents, maybe worth nothing.

Is your laptop a switchable machine or is it fixed to the AMD GPU? According to this that CPU was just launched the end of April: http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Core_i7/Intel-Core i7-3820QM (PGA) Mobile processor.html

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  7. Rubysoul

Rubysoul Active Member

GPU:
    ATI 7970M
    Switchable but I have the integrated completely disabled. Others are a mix match of the same or switchable, so that setting is irrelevant.