Road Bike

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by AndreasGuido, Jul 15, 2013.

1. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
  2. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    hmm, i only have a hybrid for urban assault and a Mountain bike (cross country) for trails and mountain climbs, both are cheap lelz. I think those would do if you only do moderate cycling.

3. enessel

enessel Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R9 280
  4. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I fancy a road bike again, not sure about hybrid. The one from halfods looks good and good price,but not sure about halfords and bikes to be honest!

5. dk_lightning

dk_lightning Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070Ti
    £300 is not expensive to you?

wow.

I would not spend no more than £100-£150 on a new bike if I was going to use it everyday.

But I have a motorbike that i spent £600 buying so cant talk really lol :p

6. enessel

enessel Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R9 280
    This is one area that the UK and US have none of the same brands

7. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Are Giant bikes avalible in the UK as I can assure you of their quality and decent price although I prefer fixed gear not 10 speed.

8. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Apparently £300 for a road bike is cheap, but good for entry level.

Giant is available, but they are quite expensive, starting from about £500. I could get finance but thats a pain!

9. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    For £300 your probably going to end up with a steel frame and crappier derailers/crankset. I'd say motobecane but they are higher priced as well. You could always get ahold of an old frame from a garage sale and put your own derailers, crankset, gearset, and wheels on it.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2013
  10. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I went for the one from halfords. Its £280. My cheap tesco one lasted me a year until i had an accident. It cost me £130 :) If this one is crap i can always take it back!

11. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Don't look too bad at all for the money if it turns out to be a good frame you can always up grade key parts. I've got a Giant Bowrey myself and have the seat post, fork, and replaced the "bull-horns" with a 1 inch riser bar all carbon and that made the ride alot mor comfortable.

12. pogostickio

pogostickio Master Guru

GPU:
    DannyD's GTX 1080ti
    urm... delete?

Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
  13. pogostickio

pogostickio Master Guru

GPU:
    DannyD's GTX 1080ti
    Do you work at a company on a cycle to work scheme? It is worth checking out.

Giant have their own official shops in a few towns nationwide. I had to catch a train to Liverpool from Manchester to pick mine up on a cycle to work scheme.

[​IMG]

And if you want to get your music on then buy yourself a Minoura extender bracket and stick a couple of X-Mini speakers on it. Connect it to your mobile phone and you'll have ten hours of charge by a USB cable. I love my bike. And you should too. Give Halfords and every other mainstream retailer a wide berth to find the bike that does YOU proud. :)

[​IMG]

And yes, it's on stilts. There is a handlebar extender bracket because I am six foot four. And frame sizes nowadays are made for the average sized guy and I mean no offence. Kind of like airplane seating. Also that is a 120db air horn on the handlebars. Cycling into and around a city centre can sometimes be hard so give as good as you get. Only £27 and worth every penny.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=20105

Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
  14. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    ^Looks like you got a medium frame should have gone for the large frame as I did (I'm only 6' but have long arms and legs 6'4" wingspan) you may have had to special order that though.

[​IMG]

This is my baby haven't had a chance to go riding in a while. Can't ride to work as it's 18 miles to work and I'm not biking over one of the longest suspension bridges in the world with the drivers we have in Florida.

15. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    so this gonna be bike thread now? noticed thattheres no road bike or mountain bike thread in g3d :banana:

16. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    I liked the second bike you posted, the Claud Butler Criterium 2013.

17. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    They dont do cycle to work scheme at my work :( Well i am picking it tonight so will give a feedback tomorrow.

Cant wait to get back on the bike, driving to work is a pain!

18. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Take the bus or the tube.

19. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Dont have tube in Bristol :p and buses are really bad here too, the worst service compare to the rest of the cities ive been to in UK.

20. enessel

enessel Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R9 280
    Speaking of biking, on I drank about 11 Sam Adam's Summer ales Saturday night but I wasn't really hungover Sunday morning. Went out mountain biking, pedaled up this massive hill, got to the woods sweating my brains out, suffering from heat exhaustion and dehydration. Collapsed and barfed. Had to wait for someone to pick us up. I could barely walk. Good times!