Custom Color Profile (ICC/LUT) In Game Issue!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by ultra5711, Feb 24, 2013.

1. ultra5711

ultra5711 Guest

GPU:
    GTX Titan on Agua
    I want to raise visibility to an issue that is being ignored by Nvidia, and should be fixed. Currently there is no way to force an ICC or LUT in full screen game. For those of us, probably everyone here, that calibrate our monitors, that is a big deal! This is because once you go in game, all calibration is removed and your back to crappy colors! While AMD has answered the call and allows it in their drivers, Nvidia continues to ignore it. I am aware that there are a few programs that attempt to address this issue, but they are hit or miss, and that's not good enough, and if you have figured out a permanent solution please let us know. Here are a couple links to other discussions about this issue.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...full-screen-games-collaboration-thread-on-t/1

http://www.overclock.net/t/1107875/...om-color-profile-support-in-full-screen-games

Please raise awareness and email Nvidia that you want this feature in the drivers! Together we can achieve this if we all send in a submission. If this does not affect you, please take a minute and help out your fellow Nvidia brethren and support us, you never know in the future you may also need this feature. :cheers: Please do so here;

http://nvidia-submit.custhelp.com/app/utils/login_form/redirect/ask

Here is what I wrote;

Please do not ignore this as there is increasing awareness of this issue! Currently you do not have a way of loading Custom Color Profiles such as ICC/LUT and the community wants this feature in the drivers, more specifically they need to apply while in full screen games! We all know it is possible, you just need to do it! Please do not send me this reply because it is not good enough and it's a cop--out;

Nvidia said:Thank you for the update and I apologize for the confusion.
    After the doing further research, I found that NVIDIA does not control or have any function to control the color settings while playing games in full screen mode. Since, these features are application specific it is controlled via the applications. Therefore, please use the games setup if applicable.

Currently your competitor, AMD, has the ability to do this and it would be in your best interest to do the same, unless of course your business model enjoys folks jumping ship to another company and you losing profits ; ). You should fix this to demonstrate that you really are here for the customer and have interest in the hobby not just another profit mongering company.

Best,
    Nvidia Customer

P.S. The customer is always right ; )

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  2. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I've been complaining about this for years and there has been so many threads over on the nvidia forums about it -- they don't seem to care.

3. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Not to my knowledge, no.
    Some games, particularly DX10/11 come with their own color profile, and will overwrite yours - Nvidia or AMD the same.

But if by "has the ability..." you mean exteral hacking, then so has Nvidia.

4. ultra5711

ultra5711 Guest

GPU:
    GTX Titan on Agua
    Thanks for bumping :bigsmile:

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    They havent bother to "Fix" something that is MS and there OS issue in all these years so coming here to try and get support a fix it isnt gona work either Seeing people on nVidia forums been whine and complain about this for years nothing happened. AMD has fix for cause they fixed an issue with how the OS works something that isnt there problem, nvidia choose not too. Fullscreen colors are override by the games/programs cause that is how MS programed it the os

Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  6. mysteriously

mysteriously Guest

tsunami231@: Yeah, well done if Nvidia wants to loose their customers...

7. bishi

bishi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
  8. bishi

bishi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    Okay it doesn't seem to work for ARMA 3 Alpha anyway (I assume same problem as ARMA 2)

9. 007.SirBond

007.SirBond Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX Titan 6GB