Download Media Player Classic Home Cinema v1.7

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Download Download Media Player Classic Home Cinema v1.7, this porbably is one opf the best if not the best Media Players available on the market. And its even free. This open Source Media Player all...

Download Media Player Classic Home Cinema v1.7

2. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    Thanks for teh Heads up :)
    Totaly forgot about updating it, hehe..

Hmm, nice..Now the LAV Filters are integrated into MPCHC..GOOOOOOD CHoice :)

3. automaticman

automaticman Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Vapor-X
    Very nice, looks like this means native BluRay support in MPC-HC now.

4. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Now they only have to integrate madVR and XySubFilter (an update for xy-VSFilter to properly support rendering subtitles in 10-bit format), and codec packs can go eff themselves. :p

5. Veeshush

Veeshush Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    Nope.

I just tried Ice Station Zebra on Blu-Ray. This plays fine with PowerDVD, but it wouldn't play at all with MPC-HC. I saw the "Open DVD/BD" too, but that's been there.

The problem with Blu-Ray is the anti-piracy encryption type bull**** that requires constant updating. Hell, it even says on Blu-Ray disks "Be sure you have the latest firmware or this may not play".

And I know there are a few FORCED ways floating around that have had some success with getting Blu-Ray to run in MPC-HC. But anyone has any success with vanilla MPC-HC, let me know! I'd always love to trash PowerDVD.

6. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz

Try teh index FILE..on teh Blueray..
    i think its the index file..not shure. if i grab that one and put it in the MPCHC it starts playing teh movie..(tested with Avatar)...

But i could be wrong..need to check that out first...*now wheres my Avatar BlueRay.......*

7. Veeshush

Veeshush Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    "Cannot render the file" on index.bdmv

Ice Station Zebra while being an older movie (1968) was just released on Blu-Ray so maybe they used a newer anti-piracy type of thing with it.

I'll look around for some older Blu-Ray movies and see if that makes a difference.

8. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz

Well, it works here with avatar...Original BLueRay..
    Heres teh Quote i searched for before...

Not shure if this Helps..but the BD support will be getting better..nev said so himslef in teh Doom9 Forums..

Greetz BetA

9. Veeshush

Veeshush Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    Don't get me wrong, like I said I'd love to have MPC-HC replace, in my experience, bloated PowerDVD (although I will admit PowerDVD does do a good job once the movie is playing)

Anyway, went through a list of old/random movies I have (I had to dig them out). I couldn't find Taxi Driver or Jurassic Park, and for that I am sad and sorry, because those are the two movies I do have an urge to watch again.

ANYWAY
    Here's my results with 1.7.

Swordfish: No go.
    Acted like it was trying to play it, but said "Paused".

King Kong (Peter Jackson version): No go.
    Acted like it was trying to play it, but said "Paused".

Final FantasyThe Spirits Within: Nope. Same as others.

YuYu Hakusho (anime): Nope. See above.

10. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    I have been an MPC user since its beginning a decade ago(according to Wiki but I feel its bee a lot longer) and it was my go-to and recommended player for movies/videos.

I had some strays with RealPlayer back in those days when it was huge. The same goes with GOM a few years ago. I liked that player a lot and it was working perfectly.

I tried almost all the major players(RealPlayer, GOM, KM, BSP, TMT, VLC etc) but always returned to MPC-HC. Maybe because I learned its tricks and quirks.

After a long run of MPC-HC with customization's, codecs, filters, shaders, settings, various setup/PQ guides, I have to say with all those years of tweaking were replaced with PowerDVD 13 after my 1st try with it.

Why now? After all this years? I knew PowerDVD since the early days. But I never liked it. Ever.

But as I said, after trying PD 13, I haven't looked back. And I'm referring purely on the picture quality. Just that. Feature wise MPC-HC wins hands-down. But as far as PQ goes, PD 13 takes the crown.

I even tried to tweaked the MPC-HC settings to come close to PD 13(TrueTheater) but even then the difference was big.

But I know that when day when I'm fed up with the limitations of PD I will return to MPC-HC... ;)

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013

11. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Cheers Hilbert.

12. k37chup

k37chup Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit 4070
    Moved from vlc months ago. Now mpc my favourite video player. Thank you!

13. automaticman

automaticman Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Vapor-X
    I guess I should have specified. I've been using MPC-HC with LAV filters and MADVR since last year (i think) for BluRay playback with HD audio bit******ing. But you do need AnyDVD or something like it for bluray decryption duties. MPC by itself won't handle the decryption.

previously though, you had to install MPC-HC, then LAV filters and configure MPC to use the LAV splitter and filters. Now it looks like you can save yourself that hassle, but you still need AnyDVD to playback the encrypted discs.