fifa 14/pes 2014, one scripted,the other unfinished product!!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ramthegamer, Jan 7, 2014.

1. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i'm really finding it hard this year to pass by since i played pes 2014 and found it's faulty bugs and unfinished product issues, and uninstalled, then started to play fifa 14 with placebo user settings, and still found it scripted football game, every match is the same, goals are awfully similar...i mean, pes 2014 have flashes of brilliance, but only flashes!!!.
    it's really hard for a soccer game fanatic these days!!!!!
    we need that pes feeling back!!!
    have your say.

2. twoodster

twoodster Member Guru

GPU:
    r9 280X
    Agreed. There isn't really a football game I enjoy anymore. Fifa's better than Pro Evo these days, but it doesn't come close to the enjoyment I had with PES5 or 6.

3. Phreakuency

Phreakuency Guest

GPU:
    Asus Titan
    I played PES 14 on Steam for a while the other day. Had to laugh that it doesn't play as good as the original two N64 versions.

4. Dantrfc

Dantrfc Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Gaming 8GB
    the pc version of fifa 14 should have the 'ignite' engine, but EA think most 'pc's' cant handle there ignite engine.:rolleyes:

5. menaceuk

menaceuk Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6950 2GB
    PES 14 is terrible, period. One would have thought the change to a new engine would have been the start of real change but it ended up as nothing changed. Only good thing about PES14 is the animations. It is also heavily scripted.

Now, FIFA 14 is scripted but IMO is a much more enjoyable game. The new shooting mechanics are awesome. I haven;t played the next gen version, but the game really needs more animations. It also needs a better layer switching code cause it is retarded right now.

Until we get football games that are purely Physics driven and players play as there stats say they should then they will never get close to replicating the beautiful game.

6. CSF90

CSF90 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabye GTX 980Ti OC
    I've bought every PES since PES 4, and 2014 is the only one in the series that me and my friend have played and then reverted back to the previous year's. Terrible game.

7. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i guess we are back to pes 5 with mods waiting for the next gen football game.

8. Pvfc-Epic

Pvfc-Epic Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX560Ti DirectCU II
    PES has never been "good" since pro evo2 in all honesty

FIFA games need updating but i still put 100s of hours into every iteration of the game the new pure finish is brilliant but still has flaws including player collisions and fouls being called for nothing ect

all in all i dont think PES will ever get the feeling back it had at the start

9. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Did you forget to play PES 5 and 6?

PES 6 was the last great football game, but PES 5 i think is widely regarded as the best football game to date. PES has been utter dog **** ever since.

10. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    I usually buy FIFA for Ultimate team actually and licensed team, I used to buy PES though. I also enjoy the career mode of FIFA far more. But to be fair, either game has their strength and weaknesses.

11. Pvfc-Epic

Pvfc-Epic Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX560Ti DirectCU II
    no didnt bother with them tbh i just went with watever ppl told me at the time