NVIDIA GeForce GTX Battlebox Program for 4K Gaming

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    NVIDIA is pleased to announce we’re working with system builders around EMEAI to help introduce a new breed of elite gaming PCs, called the GeForce GTX Battlebox. Designed to deliver the fa...

NVIDIA GeForce GTX Battlebox Program for 4K Gaming

2. elpsychodiablo

elpsychodiablo Master Guru

GPU:
    Retina Z2 + Vlab Motion
    So 4k is not just for System builder, now Hillbillbys could buy it out of the box.

3. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    They said nothing about those systems being affordable

4. FordLynx07

FordLynx07 Guest

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070 DOC

5. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    The cheapest I've seen so far is from Maingear starting at $2300USD. The most expensive is from DigitalStorm for $10,913... None that I've looked at actually comes with a display, so you'll have to add that to the price as well. Either way, you can build the same thing for considerably cheaper than those "select manufacturers" are trying to sell them for.

6. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Nvidia, Nvidia......."sigh".....what is to be shall be.

7. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Yea^...I really like the Hailstorm II

[​IMG]
    (Digital Storm)

8. Rippleyaliens

Rippleyaliens Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 780 Gtx 3gb
    Rookies--

Jokey, jokey---

BUT.. With Regards to 4K Gaming. All too quick, we all forget, that a mere 2-3 years ago, LCD's\LED's could barely get 30 fps...

So- This May, 2013 I bought a GTX780, WOW, Made 1080P, actualy look amazing. YET I realized I had only been playing at 29hz, for the Last 7 Years.
    Didnt, want to buy 3x 1080P -Identical Monitors to do 3 screen gaming, as I had 3x 1080P (not All the same), monitors.

Bought a Seiki 39" 4K TV, for $699... OH, OH, OH, , MY...
    Playing at 4K, is Surreal.. Awesome, BF3, O-M-G.. Mass Effect 3, (Total Game-changer). YES, it only plays at 30FPS, CONSTANT, though, at Ultra Settings, at 3840x2160..

YES, IT is that GOOD.. BF3, Is INSANE, at that Resolution. Took me couple days to really get used to it. Changed how I even Utilze a Computer, as the Screen is soo Big, and CLEAR, 3-4 Ft, away. Everything, looks rediculous.

MIND you, AT the time, i bought the Card \ Monitor, was running q9550 Cpu, 8gb ram, 80gb ssd (7T's in secondary storage). So a 5 Yer old computer..
    Ive upgraded since.. BUT May 2013 (5 yr old PC, with new video card, 4K monitor) $1400 investment, and it plays the GAME, In ways, you Actually have to see, to believe.

Splinter Cell Blacklist= at UHD, Amazing.
    BF3 = UHD, Breathtaking.. Very Realistic. Intense, Online= VERY hard to Miss... Long range, is awesome..
    WoW.. Even with the oid graphic engine, This looks INSANE, at UHD..

Yes, only 30fps, but MAXXED out fps.. No lag, no jitter.. Will get you sick, if you are drunk, and decide to spin around.. (Tried it_))..

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  9. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Nvidia, let me know when you have news about maxwell. Nothing else matters to me. :p

10. MM10X

MM10X Guest

GPU:
    3080 FE
    I want whatever you're smoking. :)

I'm pretty sure I was playing at 60fps 5 years ago on the dell 2208WFP I bought.

And I'm pretty sure 15 years ago we had CRT monitors pushing 90hz. in quake/doom. :)

11. Rippleyaliens

Rippleyaliens Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 780 Gtx 3gb
    Smoking..

Yet, up until, THIS year, I have played 1920x1080 Since 2007. The whole point. Had Crt's, insane resolution, the 80lb ones. Fast fPS, yada yada. But gaming, -ITs not like, I spent $600 for a card before, yada yada..
    This Resolution JUMP, %400 From 1080P-2160P, IS the Single Largest Jump in Computer Resolution History.

In other words, IF you are running 1920x1080. Could you Go back to a lower resolution, yet higher refresh?? And Mind you.. If you are running 1920x1080.. Asking a 4K Player to go back to that, is like asking you to run at Vga Resolution. In Pixel Density.. Meaning, It looks that Much More Detailed. 400%, More Detailed..
    Games, Do indeed, scale that high, and very well.
    So yah, I must be smoking something Serious, to Not Loose %400 Of the Picture, I now have.. NEVER.. IT is like that.. OF if you really need 60fps..
    Go ahead and spend $2000, on 2x Titans.. AND $3500 on an Asus 32" UHD Monitor.. My $699 monitor, and $700 Video card, suddenly seems very smart, doesnt it.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  12. 007.SirBond

007.SirBond Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX Titan 6GB
    I am sure glad I bought my Titan for 4k in the future. After looking at the specs, it seems all I need is another Titan and more Ram and maybe a SSD.

Personally I think NVidia cards will drop in price as soon as AMD's new cards hit the market. NVidia is just trying to cash in on the new 4K craze because its brand new. Buying these systems right now would bring a ton of regret in a few months, seeing as how close the AMD Sea Islands are being released.

There is also only one 4k display right now, so if you were to buy this right now, you would also be paying for a overpriced display as it is the only one of its kind. Benchmarks already have proven that 3 way Titan SLI does not improve performance that warrant's the cost of purchase right now. Until NVidia releases better drivers, having 3way SLI titan is a complete waste of money.

I am glad that 4k displays are coming soon tho and to see that to get decent FPS in 4k only requires 2 way SLI for me.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
  13. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    I'm not interested in 4K until there's a single high end card that can handle it with reasonable framerates.

14. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Well said.

And reasonable fps @ min 60fps in any scenario.

15. Noufel

Noufel Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 ti xtrem
    imagine 3x 2160p displays configuration

16. Apatch

Apatch Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX1080 OC
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
  17. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    For me, reasonable would be 50+ fps...

Some games you feel slight lag at 50+ fps but others are butter smooth...