Nvidia Inspector not working -please help!

Discussion in 'Videocards - Intel ARC & ARC Driver section' started by Jimmy44, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Jimmy44

Jimmy44 Guest

GPU:
    Geforce 1070
    Hi everyone,

I'm really at my wits end trying to get Nvidia Inspector to work. I want to use the programme to improve antialiasing in my games, particularly the total war series. I am playing Warhammer and Attila. I have followed all the set up guides meticulously, updated my Geforce 1070 drivers, changed profile settings, I have tried everything but Nvidia Inspector has absolutely no effect on my game. It neither enhances AA nor overrides it. I have tried turning AA off in-game and setting up NVidia Inspector but I still get the jaggy lines - its as if Inspector is not talking to the graphics card.

I'm really down about it as I know Inspector would improve the quality of AA in total war.

I'd REALLY appreciate some tips or set up advice because I really don't know where to turn.

Many thanks!

James

2. lexer98

lexer98 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070 - WC
    If the engine of the game uses DX11> you can't force any AA method via NVIDIA Inspector, only work with DX9 games.
    But you can try with a injector like reshade and enable SMAA or Nvidia DSR

3. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    If the nvidia panel can't force AA, then neither can inspector (they are the same.)

The difference is that inspector allows you to apply so-called "anti aliasing flags" to enable other AA methods (like SGSSAA).

If your game has a known flag, then it should work. See this thread:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=357956

Most modern games are not compatible with AA.

4. Jimmy44

Jimmy44 Guest

GPU:
    Geforce 1070
    Thanks guys - I didn't realise Inspector didn't work with DX11 games?? Is that really the case? There seems to be no flags for Warhammer or Attila.

5. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Very few DX11 games work with flags. It seems these two games don't work either.

Most modern games use a 3D rendering method that is not compatible with multisample anti-aliasing (aka "MSAA", which is what the control panel and Inspector provide configuration options for), or would require more work from the game developers to make it compatible.

Unfortunately, that's the state of affairs these days.