Fractal Design Node 304 reviewed and tested

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    We review the Fractal Design Node 304, an all black all cool and all silent PC housing for Mini ITX and DTX motherboard. For this Mini-ITX ready chassis can you'll be surprised about storage, style, ...

Fractal Design Node 304 reviewed and tested

2. TheSarge

TheSarge Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 TI FT
    Very nice case. I love that it supports liquid cooling or tower coolers. Too bad it doesn't support any optical drives, but those things are on their way out anyways. You could always use an external optical drive if you really needed to.

The only problem I can see with this is that most mini-ITX mobos only support 4 internal HDDs, so if you wanted six HDDs you'd need to use an expansion card to add two more SATA ports. However, I might be wrong; there may be a mini-ITX mobo out there somehwere that has six SATA ports on it but if there is.

Also, it would have been nice to have at least two USB-2.0 ports on the front, as many AMD mini-ITX mobos have one or even two pairs of pin-headers that support USB 2.0.

Also, personally I would have designed the front bezel with the ports and power switch on the lower part of the front of the case, not on the side. That's where the fan controller should be too. But overall, I give this case 8 starts out of ten.

3. -=WolverinE=-

-=WolverinE=- Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX560Ti DirectCu II
    You might want to edit the "Gold certified" part of your review, Hilbert. The PSU is 80 Plus Bronze. ;)

4. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    I was going to buy this a while back but I realized you need a shorter PSU. :(

5. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Fixed to bronze thanks.

And Full MTL, 15cm is a relatively normal ATX standard. You'll find them available in good numbers.