Fan speed control doesn't apply and...

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by sok, Mar 5, 2008.

1. sok

sok Banned

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce FX 5200 128 mb
    Rivatuner for Geforce FX 5200 and ...

hi all! i'm not expert about clocking and other things but i followed some guides and still can't find a solution. i have a video card GeforceFX 5200 (i know it's ancient :)) and i wanted to improve (maybe just a bit) his performances. i followed the guides,that all start with fan speed control,but i'm not able to set the value i want (the guide one). infact i i go in system settings->fan i select the value (60%), but if i clik on "apply" the value (and the arrow)returns to 25% (default value). very strange thing!
    what's wrong?

EDIT: i've just seen a post by another user ( http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=255316 ). i can't also see that view in low-level system settings, i only have AGP and Nvstrap driver

PS:i'm trying some programs to improve fx 5200 performances... maybe is there a modified nvidia driver with better improvements?

Thanks for your attention, bye

Last edited: Mar 6, 2008
  2. cbunting

cbunting Member

GPU:
    BFG 9600 GT OC 512MB
    Hello,

The low-level fan control doesn't work for nvidia cards that I have seen. Direct-Control nor Auto has ever worked for myself.

You have to use the system tweaks -> Fan to create profiles. I use 35%, 60% and 100%. Then add them into the launcher and then the scheduler for them to work.

Chris

3. sok

sok Banned

GPU:
    ok. but i can't adjust fan speed from sytem tweaks, too. i see 3 arrows and, as shown in the guides, i have to adjust the third one. but if i move it on 60%then click "apply" the arrow goes back to 25%. that's the problem

maybe i have to post in advanced section...(?)

4. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

There are no FX5200 boards with software fan control. Forget about it.

5. sok

sok Banned

GPU:
    no software around the world? ouch!
    however, can i, at least, adjust core and memory clock? how much( average)? default core clock is 250
    default memory is 333

max core clock is 375
    max memory is 500

maybe this values can help

6. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

To find a software doing that there must be hardware support for fan control. So yes, no software around the world.

7. sok

sok Banned

GPU:
    ok. i'm satisfied. but another thing: i have discovered that there's the possibility to "transform" Geforce FX 5200 to Quadro FX 500. what does it mean? it's said that it has better performances. why?

PS: why does the title of the discussion not change? i've modified it...

Last edited: Mar 6, 2008