Weird sound issue in recordings?

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Igniz12, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Igniz12

Igniz12 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 570
    I was wondering if anyone can help me clarify a problem I seem to be having. Best I can put it is when I make recordings the audio seems to be in multi channel and not in stereo. Its weird but in game I have no issues hearing npc chatter but in the recording I noticed that unless I have my view directly on the npc the voice from the npc speech is really low. Tested it by moving the camera round during recording and the issue is very evident.

I also tested videos by changing the downmix settings in afb and it dosent seem to make any difference. I checked my audio settings in Realtek control panel and its set to stereo sound. I have not done many recordings with FPS games so Im unsure if this is normal or something screwy is going on.

Can anyone help me clarify this issue. Thanks.

2. gedo

gedo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700 XT 12GB
    Any game setting for audio channels (stereo or multichannel) should take precedence over the Windows setting. Try changing the game setting.

It's conceivable that having multichannel setting in-game and stereo in Windows may screw up the audio path in that it may strip all channels except left and right front. Try the same setting in both game and Windows.

Another thing that may mangle the audio is if you have a stereo source (or Windows strips all but the stereo channels) but have virtual 3D sound enabled in your sound card.

3. Igniz12

Igniz12 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 570
    ......it was a problem with the way I setup kmp audio settings which caused the audio to be muffled depending on channel. Forgive me based Unwinder. Let me commit sudoku as penance....

[​IMG]