Far Cry 3 - Featurette Episode 1

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Producer Dan Hay dives into the living world of the Rook Islands in this new two part series on the features of Far Cry 3.  ...

Far Cry 3 - Featurette Episode 1

2. HamsterCrispy

HamsterCrispy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 650 Ti SSC
    I like how you can use the wildlife to your advantage :D

The more I look at the videos for Far Cry 3 the more it gets better.

Far Cry + Far Cry 2 = Far Cry 3

3. telc

telc Guest

GPU:
    2 X MSI LIGHTNING 980Ti
    Look pretty damn sweet, can't wait!

4. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Great looking Game...

5. Chouji

Chouji Guest

GPU:
    19 inch flat screen
    Yes please!

I almost want to play FC2 again... almost.
    Hopefully they fixed the spawning this time. That's what killed FC2 for me. Stopped me from enjoying the game.

6. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    I like how they actually bite and grab ahold of your arm or legs, dropping you to the ground for a fight. for years I wanted games where they would do that and not the generic quick bite to the screen then blurs red.

water is too clear though, sharks look almost like their flying in air it's so clear and kinda generic looking at that, hope to see some mods more than anything. Though I fear this likely will get similar gamer reaction that Crysis did at first, containing a series of short lived novelties that get old quick and a set of islands that get old to look at as well.

7. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Looks damn sa-weet!:nerd: I wonder what kind of system can run it full bore, maxed to the hilt......and what it takes to run it in surround mode maxed out. Should be interesting to say the least, awaiting anxiously for its release.

8. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    Well, that and the very, very poor missions.

9. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    I think I have officially watched every single FC3 video there is spread about different parts of the game, Some things i take from that:
    the missions definitely look get old after a few hours, they all appear to consist of the same basic things: talk to quest giver, enter area, clear it out, obtain objective and leave, except for radio towers which progressively gets harder to make to top and sidequests appear very generic. The AI behaviors appear very consistant with lots of repeated models. Exploring appears exactly the same as FC2 with the addition of an ATV and hopefully there is more. But appears the entire map islands look the same except the terrain changes. I noticed some plants looked literally imported from FC2.
    I do like how the tigers will stalk you and not just simply attack on site but the others like sharks or bears appear to just attack on site instantly. Appears more randomness occurs than in any other game I've seen Also more of the ol enemies with no armor taking bullets with the reaction of a Terminator...but we can pretend they're all on PCP or something, I don't think the best of Shrooms will kill pain like PCP would.
    I also didn't notice any AI fighting alongside of you despite you belong to a group of "warriors". Maybe they're all shroomed out all the time. I also wonder if its possible to find and kill Vaas from the beginning if you happen to know where he is at towards the end of the game or if stuff like that is magically invisible until you progress through the triggers.

Nothing appears game breaking, just noting that it appears, purely from the vidoes that within the first few hours we may start to feel the ol rinse and repeat nausea again.