Soundcard Static??

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by Canadianguy, May 10, 2014.

1. Canadianguy

Canadianguy Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GT 710 2G
    Hi guys...been a while,anyways I have a Extreme Music soundcard.Using 2.5 D.K Drivers,Windows 7 64bit.

I get this static sound coming through my desktop spkrs it lasts for about 20 second then stops.15 min later does the same,on and on.But when i reboot it goes away for a few days,then starts again until I reboot...so on and so on.Don't really want to uninstall and reinstall sound card etc if I don't have to..I really only have that one slot for it other is taken..

Any Ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. Omaga6

Omaga6 Guest

GPU:
    i have the same problem but i have a sb zxr its odd sometimes it happens not as much as yours once a month a slight crackle i still hear my sound but a hiss crackle once i restart it fixes it and im good again for another month lol oh and my crackle dosnt stop unless i restart sorry i dont have a fix my only sujestion is make sure all your mobo drivers are up to date you might also try useing a old sound driver if you can find one

3. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    The static/crackle is most likely caused by interference.

Try moving any other eletronic devices farther away from your speakers or move your speakers farther away from your monitor. Also make sure there aren't any power converters/cords right next to your speaker cables.

The interference may originate from within your computer too if, say a videocard is right next to your sound card. Try reconfiguring your cards so that your sound card is as far away from your video card and/or CPU as possible. Experiment with different configs.

Your desktop speakers are probably active speakers (with a built-in amplifier) so chances are the interference is caused by the amplifier itself. Common with "cheap" speakers at least.

The best experience is always gained by using a separate high quality amp with high quality passive speakers.

Last edited: May 13, 2014
  4. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Got the ZxR myself and no static here.

Perhaps you got a bad isolated PSU? If it's close to that...

5. War child

War child Master Guru

GPU:
    3090Ti Suprim X
    It is interference.

A thermostat will do it. My household fridge causes a 1sec static sound once in a while.

And its not just the pc speakers. Even my surround sound on the TV picks it up.

6. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Had the same until i reorganized all my cables around my PC.

My PC power cable goes to a different socket now, to the right of my PC. All other cables (Mouse, Keyboard, sounds, mic) go directly to the left of my PC.

Now all noise is gone.

7. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    ^this. Double check the cabling etc.

8. Canadianguy

Canadianguy Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GT 710 2G
    Ok....thanks guys!