Custom monitor resolution

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Renderizer, Nov 30, 2003.

1. Renderizer

Renderizer Guest

Hi all!

Well, even though this might seem heavily datet to most of you, I'm running my system with a PNY Quadro4 750 XGL.

Now I'd like to set up a custom monitor resolution of 1600x1280 (I only get 1600x1200 from Windoze resolution menu) but don't really know how to go about doing it.

Should I use RivaTuner for that? And if yes: how?

Lots of questions, I know...

BTW: I'm using two SGI GDM 5411 21" displays with the card, so the final resolution (both monitors) is suppposed to be 3200x1280...

Any words of wisdom here? Please?!?

Renderizer

2. arnie

arnie Guest

GPU:
    Radeon x1800xt 256mb
    Have a look at riva tuner. Under the driver settings bar you will see Detonator Xp. If you click on that you get a little menu that says custom display modes. Now input your resolution and refresh rate, then you need to reboot. Now your new resolution should work.

3. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    Or make your own monitor driver with PowerStrip. Just dont push refresh to far!

4. Renderizer

Renderizer Guest

I tried to set up a custom display mode via riva tuner, but after the reboot the settings didn't show up in the display properties. :(

5. Renderizer

Renderizer Guest

I think that I forgot to mention that I am not able to find any drivers at all for this monitor (sony/sgi gdm 5411)

6. arnie

arnie Guest

GPU:
    Radeon x1800xt 256mb
    I think i remember seeing options to create new resolutions using the 5x.xx drivers, you could try that. Remember to install coolbits as well after the install.

7. Renderizer

Renderizer Guest

Ok, thanks for the tips.

I have solved the problem by way of PowerStrip...seems to work like a charm.

Full desktop resolution is now 3200x1280 - rocks! :D