CPU making noise?

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by ClockClocker, Mar 14, 2013.

1. ClockClocker

ClockClocker Master Guru

GPU:
    970 gtx
    Hello,

Don't get me wrong, i know CPU's don't create any noise. But since i installed a new cooler on my motherboard i notice some kind of coil-whine whenever something "loads". For example when i refresh a webside.

I already reinstalled the cooler but the strange sound stays.
    I already put my ear on any other component but it's not comming from PSU, HDD or GPU it is definitly coming from the direction of the CPU. First i thought it could be the new Fan or cooler but why would it do that noise right at the moment when i start an application or refresh a webside? It's not like the FAN is speeding up.

Anyone got an idea what's causing it and how i can make it stop?

2. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Use a tube to your ear to really narrow down the source of the noise. Maybe you dislodged something installing the new cooler!

3. ground_zero298

ground_zero298 Master Guru

GPU:
    integrated
    Any thermal paste run off the sides of the cpu?

4. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    Sounds like it is probably the power regulation circuitry on your motherboard, it is positioned around your CPU which would make it sound like the noise is coming from the processor.

Maybe you never noticed it before if your old cooler was louder than the new one or the same pitch as the whining.

5. HWgeek

HWgeek Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6200 Turbo Fotce @500/600 8x1p
    Had the same noise FROM the cpu too - AMD athlon X2.
    what I found on web was that its because of some ERRORS/conflicts in the cpu because HW or SW issue.

I could hear when the cpu was used - LOL.