Samsung magican 4.0

Discussion in 'SSD and HDD storage' started by ToBbErT, Mar 14, 2013.

1. ToBbErT

ToBbErT Member Guru

GPU:
    2x sapphire 7870
    Samsung just released a new version of samsung magican. I really like the changes :) Ive one problem though. I tried the OS optimization option. Set the performance to extreme and applied the changes but now the program seems to be stuck. Its been frozen for 30 min doing nothing. In my taskmanager samsung magican is using 25% cpu and doesnt show the program stopped working. Im a little bit afraid to closed the application in my taskmanager becouse it might be still optimizing my OS and might screw things up. Just wondering what your guys expierence with the new app is.

I ended up closing samsung magican in my taskmanager and rebooted. Everything is fine and samsung magican states its configured for max performance. Im also unable to use ssd authtenticity. Its showing authentication not supported by selected drive and ive have my 830 selected. Program seems really buggy for me.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
  2. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    Yeah, I didn't touch the OS optimization section. Just do those by hand based on that one big forum thread. Other than that, the program itself looks a lot better than before. Hats off to the guys who did the GUI.

[​IMG]

3. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    I agree version 4 is much better just bought another Samsung SSD will use non pro for games as it requires less writes but is quicker than pro at reads

840 250gb new is replacing OCZ vertex2 60gb
    840 pro 128gb
    830 128gb
    M4 128gb
    M4 64gb

4. AndyMutz

AndyMutz Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3080 FTW3
    the magician 4.0 software has been released more than a month ago and authenticity works only with the 840 series drives.

-andy-

5. freeZ

freeZ Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670 PE
    Downloaded this a few days ago for the first time and was impressed.

Similar to what Intel has.

6. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Indeed,the 830 seems to have a bug with authenticity routine within Magician.
    I have both 830 and 840 series,and i was a bit worried why my 256 gb 830 is not confirmed to be authentificated as,,,samsung genuine!?
    But it is a know issue,so no worry.
    More to it,one doesn't need to have Magician software running in background ,or when windows starts.
    Once you modified the parameters you needed,you are good.

7. Arctucas

Arctucas Guest

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2080 FTW3
    I installed it; not impressed.

Other applications such as Crystal Disk Info and AIDA64 can retrieve S.M.A.R.T. info from my four 830 RAID0 array, but Magician says it cannot even find any Samsung devices.

8. skare

skare Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 1000M
    could I flash something to run Samsung Magician on my drive MZ7PC256HAFU-0001H? my present firmware is CXM05H1Q, it is oem version with hp firmware, how could I can flash it with CXM03B1Q? I found out that is not possible in Samsung Magician.is there any other way, just to run samsung magician with full features.

9. Syidi

Syidi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780
    I own a 128gb 830 series ssd... I'm having the same problem with samsung magician software where it can't detect my ssd as samsung brand