NF8-V rebooting prob

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by scagman, Mar 13, 2006.

1. scagman

scagman New Member

GPU:
    PNY 6600
    Can anyone out there help an old man out? I've just rebuilt my system and I'm experiencing probs with it rebooting after POST and before it reaches Windows. My system is - Abit NF8-V mobo, Athlon 3100+ 64bit (skt 754), 1gig 3200 ddr, PNY 6600 card, 160gig sata drive.
    I have a feeling that the 6600 is the problem but I'm not 100% sure, the mobo manual states that 3v graphics cards should not be used only 1.5v - now I was sure that all x8 agp cards ran at 0.8v but I've read that the 6600 is 3volts - is this corect ?
    Any help will be gratefully received cos although I've built my last 3 pcs I'm still a 50yr old newbie lol. Thanks guys
    scag

Nearly forgot to mention that when I do get into Windows, usually via the screen that asks if I want to boot into Safe Mode or start Windows normally etc, everything is fine and I have no probs playing UT2004 online for hours, no crashes, freezing etc - dunno if that helps you figure it out or not, thanks again
    scag

Last edited: Mar 13, 2006
  2. PuffPuffPass

PuffPuffPass New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 6600GT 128 MB
    #1 kill the PNY before it kills you, I had a TI4200 go through a nuclear meltdown. #2 check pny's site on the card they should have all the operating specs, I'll only assume you already discarded the packaging or porbably got an oem version of the card.

3. scagman

scagman New Member

GPU:
    PNY 6600
    No, I have the the box and all the stuff it came with. I've had no probs with this card until I changed to the nf8-v mobo, I've checked out PNY and got nowhere. However, I stuck my radeon x7oo in and am getting the same bloody probs, rebooting after post and before xp starts so I'm beginning to suspect the memory. This is the first build where I've had this crap. Thanks for the reply tho'
    scag