Testers was new task scheduler wanted

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Unwinder, May 27, 2009.

1. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Dear forum visitors,

I’ve implemented some enhancements in the task scheduler module to give more freedom and programmability to those who use the scheduler to program software dynamic fan control rules. Now simple software automatic fan control rule can be programmed with just a single scheduled task launching some fan profile and linearly scaling profile fan speed when some hardware monitoring graph is inside some specified range. Here is the example, illustrating new technology:

1) First, we create a profile with fixed fan speed, e.g. low-level fan profile defining fixed 40% fan speed:

[​IMG]

2) Second, we create launcher item and associate it with our fan profile:

[​IMG]

3) Third, we create scheduled task executing our launcher item when <Core temperature> graph is entering desired range (50-80C in our example):

[​IMG]

As you can see, we instructed the scheduler to scale fan speed associated with the launcher item inside [profile_fan_speed , profile_fan_speed + 60%] range. Please keep in mind that new fan speed scaling range setting affects scheduled task execution logic: if the range is not specified (i.e. set to 0) then the task is executed only when associated hardware monitoring data source is entering specified range (e.g. when temperature changes from 49C to 52C), otherwise it is executed on every change inside the range (e.g. when temperature changes from 55C to 56C). Also, please take a note that I set sampling rate to 10000ms (10 seconds) to prevent too frequent dynamic fan speed changes, which can negatively affect system performance. Task freezing period settings can be used to achieve the same result as well. So in our example we programmed the scheduler to scale fan speed in [40%, 100%] range linearly when temperature is inside [50C, 80C] range and instructed it to reflect fan speed changes each 10 seconds.

4) And finally the result:

[​IMG]

As usual, I’d like to beta-test new scheduler closely before releasing it to public. So if you have task scheduler module usage experience and wish to assist in new technology testing – please drop me PM. Closed testing is about to be started on Monday, 1st June.

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Just wanted to let the testers know that new feature testing is being delayed a bit, I'm currently busy with other project.

3. franpa

franpa Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyt 760 4GB WForce x3
    "Testers was new task scheduler wanted"
    "Testers want new task scheduler"

Hi can you update the thread title? at the moment it doesn't make much sense.