Playstation 4 Ylod / xbox one Rrod

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by claudesp33d, Aug 25, 2013.

1. claudesp33d

claudesp33d Guest

GPU:
    nvidia 450 GTS
    so, guys what do you think, will the next generation consoles get theses problems too ??

the xbox never fixed the rrod problem, also the ps 3 still gets ylod, and the super slim is still new to know that, but saw a thread in another forum, where a guy claims he got ylod on the ps3 super slim

2. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I've cancelled my pre-ordered of the PS4, mainly for the fact that new consoles are always going to have problems. Plus all I need is GTA 5 (PS3) and BF4 (PC) to see me well in to 2014.

3. claudesp33d

claudesp33d Guest

GPU:
    nvidia 450 GTS
    yes, very true also i wont buy the ps4, plus it will play most games at 30fps !!!!!! why should i upgrade from ps3
    also battlefield 4 is confirmed to be 720p upscaled to 1080p;and i'm not sure that the claimed 60 fps is solid, probablbly it will be between 30/40 most of the time and maybe 60 when the camera is looking up to the sky
    today i got an nvidia 450gts(i know this is too late, but where is money :p), i hope i can get some thing better then the console wwith it

4. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    From what I know SP games will be 30FPS but multiplayer will be 60 FPS. Eg. Assassin's Creed, Killzone and BF4.

5. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    This is jolly good point OP. Will be holding off purchase.

Only KZ4 and Second Son interest me atm. can wait.

6. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    I don't think we'll see these problems. The xbox 360 cost MS like a BILLION dollars. Reliability is a huge design point for them. Honestly, the rrod was a fluke in the videogame industry. I can't recall a failure like that ever before.

7. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I don't see the red ring being as big this time around, but it is microsoft so never say never lol.

I NEVER buy 1st gen anything. Not just consoles. There's always a bug, a revision with better options, etc.

I saw everyone running around to pre-order these systems and I don't get why.

Launch games for the most part, suck. Think back to ps3/xbox 360 sure the launch titles seem great....a month later they're collecting dust and you never go back to them. A console needs a year to build a solid lineup.

I'm content with my PC as long as Battlefield 4 and Watch Dogs are ported from the ps4/xbone1 rather than the 360/ps3.

In time I'll get a console, but not anytime soon. I didn't touch a 360 until Gears of War came out and waited a year after that to get a ps3.

My point is, I'd be more worried about a crappy library of games full of mediocrity before I'd be worried about hardware failures.

8. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I am holding off. Like Ghosty said, i have GTA 5 for PS3 and BF4 on PC. That will keep me well busy. I will wait a little bit, get more games out for PS4, hopefully software/hardware will be stable etc..

Might get PS4 if they release uncharted 4, that would be a great bundle!