Call of Juarez Vsync issues

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Rodman, Jul 31, 2007.

1. Rodman

Rodman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX285 SLI@756-1580-2750
    Does anyone know how to get Vsync working in COJ running DX10 on Vista? Forcing it in the control panel is not working and there is no option in the game, it does work on DX9 though. I'm using the full U.S boxed edition with the latest patch.

I'm going to so hate DX10 if Vsync is no longer supported:(

2. ToolJar_80

ToolJar_80 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX970 G1x2 SLI
    I read somewhere in a forum that vsync cannot be forced in the control panel in dx10 games. there has to be an option in the game its self. Not sure how true it is due to the lack of dx10 games out but thats what I heard. I have been playing coj too lately. I don't get hardly any image tearing anyway. Is it bad for you?

3. Rodman

Rodman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX285 SLI@756-1580-2750
    Yea it's so bad I can't even play the game without Vsync. Yes, it is true the way the API works in DX10 that Vsync and even refresh rates can not be forced from a driver level standpoint. Unless the game supports either we are SOL.

4. ElDiablo2K3

ElDiablo2K3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 295
    I feel the same way too. I force v-sync throught the control panel for everything. I hate tearing.

5. Benamin

Benamin Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga 8800 gtx/Samsung 226bw
    I just picked up COJ this weekend and I'm enjoying it so far. I usually turn on Vsync because I hate tearing as well, but I don't have any tearing issues in COJ. I just realized after reading this thread that it didn't give me a vsync option.

6. Straykatt

Straykatt Guest

GPU:
    3090 FE
    Seriously!

COJ is terrible for Vista64 with all the tearing. I can't move forward with the game until a Vsync patch is availible. If they dont allow Vsync for all directX 10 games to be forced on is beyond dumb. One wonders how or why they would even allow that for Vista :behead: WE MUST HAVE VSYNC AS AN OPTION FOR ALL DIRECTX10 GAMING MICROSOFT! THIS IS NOT OPEN FOR DISCUSSION... GET IT TOGETHER AND MAKE IT HAPPEN! :cops: