NZXT Phantom 630 tested and reviewed

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    The NZXT Phantom 630 Full tower PC chassis gets tested. Definitely gorgeous in many ways as the design is prolonging what we have seen in the past year or two when NZXT released their first phantom ch...

NZXT Phantom 630 tested and reviewed

2. TheSarge

TheSarge Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 TI FT
    I like some of the features of this, but others I don't. The cable routing is good, the SSD trays are innovative, the accommodation for super-large mobos is great.

The rest has been done, and done better, by others. Examples:

1) The fan/rad mounting space could have been taller to give more space for push-pull style fans on the rads. Yes that would have made the case a bit taller, but that would just have meant more space for the drive bays.

2) The top vent grill is just stupid. Why have two different sized meshes in one area, separated diagonally? Aesthetics over functionality, form over function? Do not want.

3) The lower-front bezel is more of the same. The top-left part of it is solid? Why? Gee, lets block some airflow for the sake of aesthetics, that'll work... NOT!

4) I have never liked top-mounted USB ports. Ever. Put them on the front of the case, not the top, or it's no sale.

5) Having a door over the front of the case is pointless. It's another case of form over function, which I have never agreed with. What's the point of having to open a door just to access your ODDs? What, the drive tray wasn't enough of a door for you, you needed a door inside a door so you could open a door to get to your door? Give me a break.

6) The left-hand door has a mesh cut out that is a trapezoid. Yuck, form over function again. Not very appealing. What's worse, you can only mount one fan there, and just one size of fan.

7) Plastic feet, and no way to mount castors? For a case this size? No way, bud. I am NOT picking up something this size every time I want to move it. It will be way to heavy.

In short, this case is trying to appeal to enthusiasts like me, but it's not good enough for me. I demand better for my case, thank you.

3. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Most cases are "form over function" these days... Why else would you put harddrive bays directly behind an intake fan where airflow is completely blocked?