pc build#4

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by EvilM, Nov 29, 2012.

1. EvilM

EvilM Guest

GPU:
    XFX 280
    hello guru's :))

my friend have a wish to build a older pc

so far we found this that manages our budget :)

Phenom II X6 1055T
    Asus Crosshair IV Formula
    XFX ATI RADEON HD 6870 ( for now 1 later crosfire)
    NzXT M59 Pure Black

Cpu comes with no cooler so i have problem picking one

since on mother board will go 16 gb ram 1600
    can you guys help me choose cooler and ram? ( was thinking Corsair CMV4GX3M1A1333C9 ) but need to figure will it fit for some coolers, like Noctua NH-D14

Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
  2. XBEAST

XBEAST Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 770 Gaming
    What's the main use of this build? Gaming?
    What's the budget?
    If you're buying online, add link to store.

That's a very bad build. Slow CPU, slow video card, overkill motherboard. If gaming is priority and planning to OC much, switch CPU to i5 3570K. Video card to HD 7950. Motherboard to some Z77. ASRock Z77 Extreme4 offers great quality/features/value. 8GB RAM is enough for now.

3. EvilM

EvilM Guest

GPU:
    XFX 280
    i'm not buying online, all parts are used psu is 1000w from corsair. and why is cpu slow can you explain that. i know i5 is better but i5 is 400% more expensive

4. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Ignore him, he says the same goddamn thing in every AMD thread. A broken record that never shuts up. I've already reported him for trolling. YES Xbeast. trolling.

Anyway, how much cash do you have left? :)

5. XBEAST

XBEAST Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 770 Gaming
    This is going to be hard.

This build is completely unbalanced. Motherboard is very expensive. PSU is overkill too (dual HD 6870s require only 650-750W). No need for 16GB RAM. NH-D14 is also quite expensive, some cheaper coolers only fall a few degrees behind it.

If you switch these components to cheaper ones, you could buy a faster processor and video card. Will be more useful.

6. EvilM

EvilM Guest

GPU:
    XFX 280
    um total budget is about 400€

and this fits all. now i found in Austria for 100€ Corsair Hydro Series H80, but here in Croatia i can buy for 100€ Corsair Hydro Series H100 tho don't know i they will fit in that case :/

7. EvilM

EvilM Guest

GPU:
    XFX 280
    and yea i'm that kind of person that don't believe you need minimal psu to run your pc. i have 1000w and happy about it. back in like 5/6 years ago i had 20 hhd's running so imo 1kw is fair :) psu can breathe and it is better if you plain to upgrade in years ahead :)

8. EvilM

EvilM Guest

GPU:
    XFX 280
    16gb of ram is minimal for my work. Virtual machines games running few mmo's at one time ect ect

9. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    How the hell would you know? You don't even know what he uses his rig for...

From now on I'm gonna report you for trolling now every time you do this in an AMD thread.

10. XBEAST

XBEAST Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 770 Gaming
    Republic of Gamers, M59 gaming chassis, dual 6870s.

11. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    I don't care about the mobo, or even this one thread. The first thing you did was trash the X6 and promote the i5...not even knowing or understanding the OP's requirements

It's what you do in nearly every AMD thread no matter what argument is presented to you.

This has been going on way too long.

I've had more than a few pm's from other members regarding your constant unreasonable and often illogical crapping on AMD in AMD threads and tbh you should be banned from this section.

Your first post in this thread shot down the X6, even if it was an 8350 Vishera you would have said the same thing, cause that's how you roll.

I'll let the admins deal with it. /End of.

12. tweakpower

tweakpower Banned

GPU:
    MSI HD 6770
    Don't argue over nothing ppl, relax...

Motherboard is never overkill, it's a heart of every PC (AMD, Intel do not matter), CPU or GPU alone can't do anything..., and the better mobo is, the better PC is in general.

Good motherboard can change general experience of the same components, same CPU, RAM, GPU, storage etc. So always go for best you can get.

13. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    A solid motherboard is always good. Purposely built my mate a rig with a Giga UD3 motherboard over the cheaper one. He didn't get my reasoning at the time, but for longevity's sake I think he will.

14. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    I should add something more constructive here I guess, OP a decent 970 or 99X chip set is more than sufficient for any single or multi GPU setup.

The PSU is def overkill as pointed out already, if you go with AM3+ board you can use any AM3 or AM3+ CPU depending on your needs/budget with the option to upgrade later if you wish.

If you let us know the type of games/work your PC does mainly then we can look for a CPU/GPU/mobo setup that suits both your workload and your modest budget.

15. EvilM

EvilM Guest

GPU:
    XFX 280
    well i found this cheap very cheap for sale and most parts are used like for 1 year or so :)
    i do bunch of stuff, from games i play from a to z :D and from programs video editing/ music making/ virtual machines/ database building. and lots of more lolz.

my biggest problem is will that mobo fit in that case with H100 :S

16. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    What system are you using to do all that right now?

Video editing/conversion means you'll prob want at least a 6 core CPU and a crapload of ram as you already know. :)

Can u name any game titles?

Btw where are you buying from? If parts are used how can we know which hardware will be available for purchase?

17. EvilM

EvilM Guest

GPU:
    XFX 280
    um game titles. basically pretty much that is today on market, bf3/ abp PlanetSide 2 Star Wars - The Old Republic well right now i have like 60 games installed :D

for hardware, i'm going to the guy who sell with cash in my hand and gonna perform test, so i can be assured that it works :)

i wanted to ask ony if this is ok :)

18. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Ah, I see...so what if we say no, then what? :D

19. EvilM

EvilM Guest

GPU:
    XFX 280
    then i'm going to drink few cans of beer :D

20. EvilM

EvilM Guest

GPU:
    XFX 280
    just got mail from guy with cpu and mbo, saying when to meet :)) probably going in few days, that cpu and mbo under 200€ is cheap :D