How to Disable IGP AMD

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by masterceffo, Nov 11, 2013.

1. masterceffo

masterceffo Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 6640G2
    Hi, I need to disable the IGP AMD 6620G, and use only the Dedicated 7450M. I don't have any options in the BIOS, and in the Catalyst I can only select to use Dual Graphics or only IGP 6620G. Thanks to all. Bye!

2. PlsHelpMe

PlsHelpMe Guest

GPU:
    HD 8750m 2 GB
    That's because your integrated APU graphics is stronger than your 7450m, especially if you have Dual Channel RAM.

3. masterceffo

masterceffo Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 6640G2
    Yes, but if i want to use aniway the dedicated? Are there any solutions?

4. masterceffo

masterceffo Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 6640G2

5. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

If it's a muxless laptop, there's likely nothing you can do. Most laptop nowadays come without a hardware mux, and rely on software and drivers to handle which GPU gets used.

On a muxless setup, there is a primary GPU (typically the iGPU) which power all display outputs, and then there's a dGPU that can handle rendering if allowed.

Your laptop would likely advertise a hardware mux if it had one. You would also likely see a setting from BIOS to configure what GPU you wanted to use. There was one case I heard where someone claimed to flash a custom BIOS that gave them the option though, so it could be possible some OEMs hide this feature even.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2013
  6. masterceffo

masterceffo Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 6640G2
    Yes, I saw other people with same problem, but on HP Laptop, that had an option in the BIOS to Disable the integrated, by switching from Dynamic to Fixed Mode. They have the identically iGPU and dGPU that i have, but on my BIOS there isn't any Options to disable the iGPU. I thinked and searched for a Modded Bios, to unlock more Options, but i don't find anything. If you can find for me, if you can a Modded Bios for Toshiba L750D-1G8 , PART NUMBER: PSK36E-05P00LIT . Thanks

7. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    tried disabling the GPU using windows device manager?

8. PlsHelpMe

PlsHelpMe Guest

GPU:
    HD 8750m 2 GB
    There is no possible way to let the dGPU draw the picture, sorry. The HP laptop was the one with a modded bios but unless you can create a modded bios there is absolutely no way, sorry.

9. masterceffo

masterceffo Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 6640G2
    Yes if i Disable the Integrated Graphics card in The windows device manager, AMD catalyst don't say me switchable graphics, and in gpu z there is only Dedicated, but the frequenzi of the card is 100 or 150 mhz, instead 750 and 900, and if i run a game, give me an error

10. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Have you tried disabling dual grafics mode and configure switchable grafics? There is capability in CCC to select what GPU you want to use with an application. If you don`t see such options, then you probably should try and install one of the LeeKM "AMD Catalyst Mobility PowerXpress and Enduro Modified Drivers".

11. masterceffo

masterceffo Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 6640G2
    Yes, I tried to install the LeeKM driver, but the driver install only on the integrated and not on the dedicated, and on CCC I can configure only Dual Graphics and set only iGPU or iGPU+dGPU, so Power Saving or High Performance

12. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    And what drivers stated in Device manager for a dGPU?

Edit: Have you ever accidentally installed desktop drivers instead of mobility ones?

Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
  13. PlsHelpMe

PlsHelpMe Guest

GPU:
    HD 8750m 2 GB
    Dude, I had a similar laptop with a Llano and a dGPU. It's not possible to switch graphics cause the IGP is stronger than the dGPU.

14. masterceffo

masterceffo Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 6640G2
    Ah ok. Thanks. Last Question. Is there any solution to install driver directly form AMD, instead of Toshiba AMD Driver? Because if I install driver directly from AMD, the driver install only on the integrated, but if I install the driver from Toshiba, it go also on dedicated, but the driver of Toshiba are old, 2012.

15. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/amd_catalyst_13_9_whql_download.html

http://www.guru3d.com/files_categories/videocards_ati_catalyst_vista_win_7.html

Choose mobility ones.

Installing drivers for notebook directly from AMD is wrong. Always install mobility versions from here or any other guru forum.

I have Lhiano notebook and all WHQL mobility drivers from this forum work great. I have that switchable grafics options in CCC. But before this forum I`ve installed drivers directly from AMD and they behaved exactly as you describe.

Edit: My co-worker also had troubles installing AMD drivers into his new notebook (much newer than mine) until I gave him mobility drivers from this forum.

16. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

As far as I know though, the drivers on Guru3D are exactly the same as the ones offered by AMD. Just different download mirrors.

17. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    No. No. and No. (I am talking only about mobility versions.)

Edit: Mine notebook troubles were almost two years ago. But my co-worker story happened just month ago. He also was puzzled.

18. masterceffo

masterceffo Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 6640G2
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
  19. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    You don`t have to resolve it. It is just string in inf-file (associated with device ID by modder). Drivers are unified. And yeah, your dGPU is connected to iGPU not with full 16 lanes. In mine Lhiano-powered notebook dGPU connected only with 4 lanes. Btw, have you clicked "?" button on the right to the bus interface control?

Have you achieved the capability to assign GPU to applications?

20. masterceffo

masterceffo Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 6640G2
    Yes I've clicked the ? but always 8x, I think that leave everything as it is, but I have last question. In my old Netbook with 1024x600 in registry modifing some value I can get 1152x768, is there any other tweak to increase the resolution on my notebook? Thanks