GeForce 552.12 WHQL driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Krteq, Apr 4, 2024.

1. Not a bad idea to scrub the driver every now and then.
    Also normally uninstalling old driver before installing new isn't the worst idea.

2. Rogerbee

Rogerbee Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX2060 6gb
    Just in case anybody is wondering how to use DDU, here's JayzTwoCents to show you how you should do it:

It might be old, but, if you look in the comments, even Wagnard himself approved of the video! I'm doing it Jay's way in future.

Flakman likes this.
  3. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Awesome video, thanks for sharing!

Rogerbee likes this.
  4. schoolofmonkey

schoolofmonkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax 4090
    This I agree with, my wife went back to play Days Gone, there was corruption on Deacon (he was rainbow), DDU the drivers, installed the latest driver again clean, all fixed.
    Prior we were just doing over the top upgrade installs.

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    So to install this over 551.86 or not?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2024
  6. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    No one can tell, every system behaves differently.

Just try and find out like everyone else.

7. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    Since getting my 4090, I think eight or nine months ago, every new driver has either been just as good or better than the last one. If anyone is thinking about whether or not they should install the latest driver I say go ahead and install it to see for yourself. I usually don't give to much weight to the complaints about drivers here as I haven't experienced 99% of the issues reported. There is no better way to find out if a driver is good for you or not than installing it and discovering the answer for yourself.

For me, this driver has been perfect.

Xtreme512, Archvile82 and dr_rus like this.
  8. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
  10. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Not sure if driver related but just now when I launched Horizon Forbidden West on PC I instantly got:

then

then

= black screen while audio was playing and after a minute or so the computer restarted itself.

11. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    What CPU and motherboard?
    if it's 13th or 14th update newest bios limit the power to intel standard not mobo defaults

12. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    7800X3D & ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming WIFI

13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Absolutely no connection between this and that.

14. FatBoyNL

FatBoyNL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    Yeah let's wake up the dead.

15. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    Does anyone experience a stutter everytime the volume is changed in game? Did not have this problem. I think it started since I changed monitor but must be a coincidence and it might be since install of a particular driver version. I think it's because of the volume bar appearing. Can't remember if it was being shown before in game or not but I am leaning more towards it was not showing before and thus no stutter.

16. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    It's normal when using g-sync. When the volume bar appears, g-sync deactivates and activates again once it resulting in a few frame skips. Unless MPO is currently used, I think.

MaCk0y likes this.
  17. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    Yep. If I disable Gsync, stutter is gone but previous monitor also had VRR (although not Gsync compatible certified) and didn't have the issue. I knew VRR was working because no tearing and on that one I could see the refresh rate. On the new one, I do sometimes get the Gsync notification from a cold boot/restart/waking from sleep that I think I never got with the previous monitor.

I also remember having this problem on an AMD GPU and then got fixed.

Interestingly, in Metro Exodus I actually can't change the volume at all. Have to alt tab out of the game to change it. I will update to 552.22 and maybe find a way to disable the the volume bar from appearing.

18. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Maybe you have disabled MPO at some point and forgot about it? Here, when MPO is used, the stutter only happens the very first time the volume bar appears. After that, it never stutters. However, in some games MPO just doesn't work, so it will stutter every time. So it depends on the game, really.

19. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    Didn't touch MPO. I assume if OverlayTestMode DWORD doesn't exist, then MPO is enabled? Updated to the .22 driver. Tried an app HideVolumeOSD. It does hide it but makes it worse. :D 5 big stutters instead of just a single small one. It's not a big deal. Don't change the volume often enough to be irritating anyways.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 4, 2024
  20. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    @Astyanax is it still recommended disabling MPO? I formatted recently and leaving everything on default. What are some things that are still recommended to do? If any.