Dear Newbie, Veteran, Alien
Here at the Guru of 3D forums, there are many intelligent people with a great source of knowledge for you to learn from. These people are here because they generally want to help you out.
So for the best answer to your question try the following:
- Use the search feature. Its more than likely that someone has addressed your question before.
- Enter a short description of your problem in the subject header. e.g. Flickering screen during games. Try to avoid subject headers such as: Help me please, I am stuck.
- Describe your problem, to the best of your ability
- In the thread, try to list as much information
relevant to the problem as possible. e.g. driver revisions, system specs, program settings.
- Be honest. If you don't know what some of us are talking about, then say something !! We can get too technical sometimes, so smack us !!
- Ask questions that you have tried to research on the net before hand. Google is the king of finding information. You would be doing yourself a favour by do this.
- There are threads in some section called sticky's. They have been put there by forum leaders. These threads usually contain very valuble information relative to that section. Have a quick read. You will never know what you will find !!
The people that come to these forums are not just weirdo's that sit behind a qwerty block all day. Most of them do this for fun. Real people come here for real answers, and if done right, we can all have fun whilst helping each other.
So enjoy your stay here, hopefully you will find what you are looking for.
As a side note. If you are having a problem with a certain person or persons in this forum. Then you can report the thread in question, or private message the mod of that section. The mods will pass on your concerns to admin and the other mods in a special moderator section. We will sort out your situation as quickly and fairly as we can.
No content of pornographical nature and any commercial activities like advertising a product, website or
for that matter any commercial service is allowed. This includes hotlinks
towards competing and commercial websites. Furthermore, anything even slightly related towards illegal software, services and activities are
War, politics and oil threads
Unfortunately it is a result of multiple users not being able to argue with
out flaming and insulting other members. Moderating this section takes more time
than any other part of the forum, which to me is the opposite way round. So..
instead of sending pm's/warnings, mods and admins of this section will close any
war & oil threads without warning. Political threads and other border line
issues may also be closed without warning.
There will be no argument of this decision. Any gross infringements of any
of the above will most likely result in an automatic ban.
Asking for free hardware threads
Long story short, we do not allow such threads any longer. Most of these
threads start with good intention with people helping someone out, though we
respect that surely you guys have noticed that the latest threads on these where
a little weird. There are several more reasons to not allow these threads but it
is what it is. This rule will be added and is already enforced. Flipside of
things, if you have something you like to give away / share ... go to the 4-sale
section where you can give it away. In the future there always can be made an
exception to the rule -- but you'll need to discuss it with the staff upfront
before it's allowed to be posted.
Although the administrators and moderators of Guru3D.com Forums will attempt
to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to
review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither
the owners of Guru3D.com Forums or Jelsoft Enterprises Limited (developers of
vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. You warrant
that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar,
sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
The owners of Guru3D.com Forums have the right to remove, edit, move or close
any thread for any reason.
More helpful hints tips and rules about posting in the forums can be found here.
Please make sure you read it at least once!
ANd our biggest tip .. use common sense when posted or asking something,
The Guru's of 3D forum staff.